Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A different solution:
https://theneomag.com/alias-belt-system/

Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well… where do I start…
First of all - it must be a WAIST belt, not a HIPS belt.
But nobody makes good high-rise men’s pants anymore, especially with GUSSETED CROTCH.

Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Carhartt?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:04 pm

surevaliance wrote:
Well… where do I start…
First of all - it must be a WAIST belt, not a HIPS belt.
But nobody makes good high-rise men’s pants anymore, especially with GUSSETED CROTCH.

This is why cops and some security are getting so many back problems. Fashion for men changed so that we don't wear our pants, therefore our belts, above our hips anymore. So the belt is not riding on top of the pelvis where weight would best be carried. The only people who still do this are hikers where over 70% of the weight is on the waist belt and not on the shoulders.
The military also when the weight was removed from the waist worn pistol belt on the LCE/LBE starting with the LBV, and then the FLC, and chest rigs and plate carriers, and on the IBA and IOTV. The cummerbund attachments that put the weight on the waist and on TOP of the pelvis helps massively, but never were in widespread use.

Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:41 pm

A rope was good enough for Jethro Bodine, it's good enough for me!

Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
A rope was good enough for Jethro Bodine, it's good enough for me!

:ROFLMAO:

Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:09 pm

I've been wearing a Volund Gearworks G-hook belt almost daily for the last 8 years. Easy to thrown on extras if you want to and infinitely adjustable. I've ran their micro battle belt over the top for work as well and find it to do everything I needed it to. Might work for what you are looking for.

https://volundgearworks.com/product/1-5 ... hook-belt/

Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CommTillItHtz wrote:
I've been wearing a Volund Gearworks G-hook belt almost daily for the last 8 years. Easy to thrown on extras if you want to and infinitely adjustable. I've ran their micro battle belt over the top for work as well and find it to do everything I needed it to. Might work for what you are looking for.

That's pretty cool. I like the G hook as it seems way more secure and long lasting than just trusting a purely velcro liner belt.
The micro battle belt you've used is 2"? and you're using a 1.5" Atlas G hook belt? Not the Atlas LINER belt?.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:26 pm

jukk0u wrote:
CommTillItHtz wrote:

That's pretty cool. I like the G hook as it seems way more secure and long lasting than just trusting a purely velcro liner belt.
The micro battle belt you've used is 2"? and you're using a 1.5" Atlas G hook belt? Not the Atlas LINER belt?.

Correct, 1.5 G-hook and 2in battle belt. I do have a couple of the belt keepers on the battle belt to keep it in place. They attach to the battle belt so you don't have to go looking for them.

Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trex Arms has their own version of battle or shooter's belts.

One of their belts uses a "Raptor" buckle which will slip through some (most?) holster loops without taking half of the buckle off the end of the belt.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:19 pm

I second CommTillItHtz. Get one of their Micro battle belts and a G-hook liner belt. The liner belts are stiff and can be cinched down to hold your britches up. So if you are traveling or training you can wear the liner and have the micro battle belt ready to be deployed. I also have their belt keepers on my micro for more secure fit. Honestly it doesn't need it, once the micro is in place it stays.

I also have two of their atlas cobra belts with the 1.5 inch cobra buckle. Not as rigid as their liner belts but works well. The male end comes off fairly easily. Put the male end on which ever side you carry a holster. If needed, take off the male end of the cobra buckle, string the holster on, replace buckle, secure.

Only draw back, the belts stand out if you have a tucked in shirt. The Atlas belt might not stand out as much but the liner belt certainly will.

Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been rocking the Kore ratchet belts as EDC and on a battle belt rig. They are a lot more adjustable and comfortable than a lot of the others. With the ratcheting teeth, I can wear it over minimal clothing or with a lot of extra layers. There's a couple different companies making variations of the same idea.
https://www.koreessentials.com/products/new-x5-buckle-black-tactical-belt

Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

About that... back in the sixties, the first time I saw a ratcheting belt, I was a roly-poly... well, ok... I was FAT.

And one of those belts was given to me. It lasted about a month before the center track was worn flat and wouldn't hold tension. I've never considered them again. Persuade me I'm wrong? How long have you had it and how hard have you been on it?

FJB

Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
About that... back in the sixties, the first time I saw a ratcheting belt, I was a roly-poly... well, ok... I was FAT.

And one of those belts was given to me. It lasted about a month before the center track was worn flat and wouldn't hold tension. I've never considered them again. Persuade me I'm wrong? How long have you had it and how hard have you been on it?

I've been wearing them for about 4 years now. Have yet to have any fail me. I'd imagine they're a lot more robust than they once were, and the belt portions are easily replaceable.

Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked up a esstac shooters belt set up little over a month ago and a set of their pistol mag pouches. So far, I’m a fan.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next