Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:34 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Battle Belt, Duty Belt, EDC Belt? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
I picked up a esstac shooters belt set up little over a month ago and a set of their pistol mag pouches. So far, I’m a fan.

Did you get the esstac 2pc belt and wear the inner through your belt loops or the "regular" Shooter's belt and wear it over your pants belt and clothing?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

2piece. With the inner belt woven through my belt loops. Outter belt worn over top as a normal “battle belt” would be

Couple of the reasons I like it:
It has a larger range of adjustability than many belts, 5.5” where most I looked at were only about 2-3”. This allows me to be wearing my EDC pistol IWB and be able to put the outter belt on over the top of it without needing to remove my IWB holster and have a second holster attached to the belt should I wish to be trying to maintain a lower profile.

Not having the “traditional Molle” webbing make the belt slightly thinner, But a whole lot less stiff. Not that it’s by any means flimsy, but so me I need a belt that I could roll up and essentially Velcro down, so I can put it in a backpack and carry it at work, particularly when I travel and have a pack full of clothes, PPE and other work items.

Their kywi belt loops are more convenient in my opinion if I need to move or swap gear on my belt(we all know how much of a PITA molle can be to work with at times).

Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That good ole boy ex-seal reviewd this belt.

https://www.matbock.com/collections/belts-lanyards

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I used to daily carry with a custom nylon reinforced duty belt with suspenders.. I always wear long shirts and an undershirt so suspenders were near invisible as was the belt.

Great to remove weight from your hips and makes you feel a lot lighter. Flashlight, gun, 3 spare mags, pepper spray, and occasionally a radio and didn't feel like you were carrying anything, and was very easily concealable.... for a guy my size.. :bigsmile:

If you're a buck fitty wet, and have lamp posts that you can hide behind, it probably won't work for you.

I got mine from tactical tailor.

Battle belts tend to add bulk due to molle webbing and are not easy to hide.

Duty belt used an inner velcro lined belt that ran through your belt loops, then the outer belt slapped onto that and I used keepers as well.

The only issue I found with belts is adding stuff to the rear can make sitting awkward/uncomfortable in a car or small chair.

I could easily add AR mag holders if I wanted.

I my case, while it was easy to put on and take off, it's nowhere near as quick as a dedicated lbv or battle belt with a harness, which I would definitely suggest for 'tactical engagements' over a standard duty belt.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3