Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gun Shop Gripes - A thread we are all too familiar with. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Dude reeking of dank ...
Pregnant gorgeous lady on the phone with "granny" double checking on the 6 pistols she is purchasing ...
Old geezer who can barely speak or hold a pen trying to fill out 4473 but can't read or remember when or where he was born ...

All true tales!

Yep, I told a couple of guys "Regardless of my personal views on the subject, or the fact that it is arguably legal here or in other states, the feds don't allow it. So don't bong out before coming here or have your stinky sack in your pocket because if you come in here reeking like that I have to turn you away. Then I would earn the "stink eye" (pun intended.)

Or the women who would come in with the shopping list, buy a rifle, go through the BGC and the return ten days later with the sketchy "husband" when picking it up, and he would inspect the gun like he was taking ownership while she acted disinterested. Hmmm... really how do you deal with that? (I'm interested in the answer). "Wait, who is this gun for? " "Oh, it's for me!" Says the moll. :wink05:
Ri-i-ight.

I really like the customer who grabs the gun they're interested in and then uses the salesman as a human sized target for some dryfire.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:11 pm

I'll slam both sides of the counter here.

Starting with customers.
Please don't pull out a loaded gun! I don't care that in your mind you were just "showing it to me." That's how people get shot (makes me wonder about that dude Philando Castile). Don't raise your voice when I politely (no for real, I was nice... at first) ask you to not do that. 5 other people looked at him like he was stupid, and one asked me if morons like that are common.
Please read the 4473. All of the questions. All the way through. And don't be a smartass and check every box for race. I don't care about your beliefs, I've heard you're crap for the past 30 minutes, I just want to finish this so I don't have to hear your silly rants anymore.
Don't lie to me about carrying some prototype SCAR in Desert Storm over 20 years before the prototype existed. That doesn't "tell me who you were with," I'm not impressed with posers. Seriously, we're 5 minutes from JBLM, you think you're fake nonsense is impressing anyone???
Please don't bring in 4 cases of stolen accessories. Especially when you're stupid enough to leave the shipping labels and stickers on them.
No, don't aim that gun at the car pulling in, if you want to shoulder it aim at the corner where the ceiling and wall meet.
Nope, not taking your work it's unloaded. Not when I pull the bolt and there's a round sitting in the chamber.

For dealers...
Typical know it alls, experts in everything.
Push their opinions instead of dealing with facts. It's one thing to give information when asked, like yes I've seen more of this brand come in for repairs than these 4 combined, not raw numbers but a percentage of the total sold.
And a LOT of owners are shady fucks. Checking out the competition and hiding who they are. It's one thing to go to other stores, I did it all the time, there was a circuit of stores I'd shop at. A lot did. But there are some who aren't there to shop, but to "spy," I guess. Or worse to buy something that's on sale to resell at a higher number in your own store. Or sending in new employees to buy a ten pack of mags on some insane sale to sell for $2 more each. Then the employees who buy a couple dozen optics on the store account and use their own credit card to pay for it, instead of giving the own the markup (it is a business right) just to stock his shelves when he opened his own store in secret later that year.
A store that wanted to collude in charging another $20 or $30 more than what you were already charging for transfers when the universal background check law came into effect. I'm glad he's out of business.

If I ever win the lottery or have a rich relative I don't know about die and leave me millions I'm opening a store just to have one I know is honest near me.

One of the places with the most integrity in the state was Mary's.
And for his supposed crankiness, Moe has a good store in Federal Way. Occasional employee who is a bit of a twit, but overall they've seemed good the times I've been there.

I need to be the idle rich so I can just avoid people! I notice the dishonesty and crap in a number of industries and it really pisses me off. I guess I'll just settle for being a lazy state worker.

Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
I'll slam both sides of the counter here.

Starting with customers.
Please don't pull out a loaded gun! I don't care that in your mind you were just "showing it to me." That's how people get shot (makes me wonder about that dude Philando Castile). Don't raise your voice when I politely (no for real, I was nice... at first) ask you to not do that. 5 other people looked at him like he was stupid, and one asked me if morons like that are common.
Please read the 4473. All of the questions. All the way through. And don't be a smartass and check every box for race. I don't care about your beliefs, I've heard you're crap for the past 30 minutes, I just want to finish this so I don't have to hear your silly rants anymore.
Don't lie to me about carrying some prototype SCAR in Desert Storm over 20 years before the prototype existed. That doesn't "tell me who you were with," I'm not impressed with posers. Seriously, we're 5 minutes from JBLM, you think you're fake nonsense is impressing anyone???
Please don't bring in 4 cases of stolen accessories. Especially when you're stupid enough to leave the shipping labels and stickers on them.
No, don't aim that gun at the car pulling in, if you want to shoulder it aim at the corner where the ceiling and wall meet.
Nope, not taking your work it's unloaded. Not when I pull the bolt and there's a round sitting in the chamber.

For dealers...
Typical know it alls, experts in everything.
Push their opinions instead of dealing with facts. It's one thing to give information when asked, like yes I've seen more of this brand come in for repairs than these 4 combined, not raw numbers but a percentage of the total sold.
And a LOT of owners are shady fucks. Checking out the competition and hiding who they are. It's one thing to go to other stores, I did it all the time, there was a circuit of stores I'd shop at. A lot did. But there are some who aren't there to shop, but to "spy," I guess. Or worse to buy something that's on sale to resell at a higher number in your own store. Or sending in new employees to buy a ten pack of mags on some insane sale to sell for $2 more each. Then the employees who buy a couple dozen optics on the store account and use their own credit card to pay for it, instead of giving the own the markup (it is a business right) just to stock his shelves when he opened his own store in secret later that year.
A store that wanted to collude in charging another $20 or $30 more than what you were already charging for transfers when the universal background check law came into effect. I'm glad he's out of business.

If I ever win the lottery or have a rich relative I don't know about die and leave me millions I'm opening a store just to have one I know is honest near me.

One of the places with the most integrity in the state was Mary's.
And for his supposed crankiness, Moe has a good store in Federal Way. Occasional employee who is a bit of a twit, but overall they've seemed good the times I've been there.

I need to be the idle rich so I can just avoid people! I notice the dishonesty and crap in a number of industries and it really pisses me off. I guess I'll just settle for being a lazy state worker.
Always respected you and our dealings through the years. Solid dude and always open for education and some BS. Miss seeing you around !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:

One of the places with the most integrity in the state is Mary’s…

Funny dichotomy you have going there.

You talk about the integrity at Mary’s, and then label Moe as cranky.

Moe is legendary for being an asshole, to both employees, and customers. There’s a plethora of reviews online, from Yelp, to Google, to SGN, to here, with his horrendous treatment of people.

Does he have regulars that he recognizes and is good to, sure, but they are few and far between.

And don’t you think he might treat someone “in the biz”, like you, better?

Though, you were a bit persnickety in a deal we did once, so maybe you and Moe get along ‘cause we’re all inferior assholes…

Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:08 pm
FFL / Dealer

I like the folks who bring in guns and want you to buy it from them.....for FULL RETAIL PRICING!

But I saw that new standard Glock go for $1000 on Gunchoker. I know what I got!

Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FWDG was always good to me. Mary's was fun to check out but I don't think I ever bought anything there. You felt like you were visiting a vendor booth in a video game. And where else can you buy a Hi-Point in $100 bill hydro dip?

Pinto's was consistently the most up front and honest about the condition of their used guns both online/on the phone and in person. I really hate shops that play the car lot game and just try to get you into the store to buy something. "Sure it's in near perfect condition!" and then I come and check out a gun that looks like it's been used to hammer tent stakes for 50 years.

I say these past tense since I'm rarely in the area anymore.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 am

I do miss occasionally visiting Mary and Dan when I'd be in the area on calls. They were like...part of the family.

We even had a christmas party in the room upstairs there. That was my one and only live encounter with a Ghost Pepper.....never again.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:31 am

NWGunner wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

Moe is legendary for being an asshole, to both employees, and customers. There’s a plethora of reviews online, from Yelp, to Google, to SGN, to here, with his horrendous treatment of people.

Does he have regulars that he recognizes and is good to, sure, but they are few and far between.

Though, you were a bit persnickety in a deal we did once, so maybe you and Moe get along ‘cause we’re all inferior assholes…

1. I'm no longer "in the biz." Haven't been for about five years.
2. I was there a few times at least three years before I ever started working at a gun store, and a couple times since. Also, I'd rather deal with an honest asshole than a dishonest nice guy.
3. Who are you?

Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like Moe. He has little patience for stupid people. The only time I witnessed his outburst the customer deserved it.

East County Guns in Elma, Centralia, and Cd’A Idaho have been awesome for years.

Guess I’m reasonably lucky that my only real negative gun shop experience—besides Kesselrings who got what they deserved—was at Skagit Arms when they accused a commissioned law enforcement officer and myself of “constructive intent” when said LEO bought serial’d uppers from me. Their loss, found a shop less afraid of doing business a little ways north and have never gone back to Skagit Arms again.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unicorn wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

1. I'm no longer "in the biz." Haven't been for about five years.

2. I was there a few times at least three years before I ever started working at a gun store, and a couple times since. Also, I'd rather deal with an honest asshole than a dishonest nice guy. How about an honest nice guy?

3. Who are you? Just a guy giving an opinion, like you

Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2