Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 I5 guns is gone? 

Thanks for the responses and messages guys. As much as this whole situation sucks it’s slightly relieving to know I’m not alone… but at the same time incredibly infuriating.

To answer some questions I’ve gotten, no I do not have any submitted forms for it because Tom kept jerking me around. From getting sent the wrong can, to having the wrong serial number, to my name being on someone else’s can, to my name being on someone else’s can, the excuses kept piling up over the course of 5 months and i was never able to even start paperwork on it. The day I was supposed to start paperwork, per his word, was the day he closed up shop.

I’m reaching out to Deadair to see if they can see any proof of sending a can to him so I can hopefully have that to work with… shot in the dark but it’s something.

Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:15 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

bradanglin22 wrote:
Thanks for the responses and messages guys. As much as this whole situation sucks it’s slightly relieving to know I’m not alone… but at the same time incredibly infuriating.

To answer some questions I’ve gotten, no I do not have any submitted forms for it because Tom kept jerking me around. From getting sent the wrong can, to having the wrong serial number, to my name being on someone else’s can, to my name being on someone else’s can, the excuses kept piling up over the course of 5 months and i was never able to even start paperwork on it. The day I was supposed to start paperwork, per his word, was the day he closed up shop.

I’m reaching out to Deadair to see if they can see any proof of sending a can to him so I can hopefully have that to work with… shot in the dark but it’s something.
No draft form? Receipt showing any serial number Was Silencer Shop involved?
Five months is an extremely long time to be waiting on starting paperwork.
Did you get anything in writing stating that you were getting this silencer in trade?

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
07/02 NFA Dealer

http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone know where this guy lives? I went in there one time and remembered him from bullseye. Didn’t have a bad experience but didn’t buy anything. Sounds like many people need to pay him a visit.

Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
NotAMerc wrote:
Kclayton91 told me that my stuff had been sent to the gunsmiths at Bullseye had been the ones to do the work. I contacted them and confirmed that they had my stuff and provided the receipt for the work requested. I showed up today and they provided the rifle and the gunsmiths notes for the work. Work was completed quite some time ago, they simply didn’t know who the rifle belonged to and Tom was not talking to them as well.

If anyone else had work being done on stuff at I5 guns then I’d recommend contacting Bullseye and see if it might have gotten sent to them.

Nice!!!

Sounds like Tom’s a class act…

It's not like Tom to drop the ball on stuff like that.

While there's never 'a good reason' for it, I'm sure there's something that explains WTF happened.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
NotAMerc wrote:
Kclayton91 told me that my stuff had been sent to the gunsmiths at Bullseye had been the ones to do the work. I contacted them and confirmed that they had my stuff and provided the receipt for the work requested. I showed up today and they provided the rifle and the gunsmiths notes for the work. Work was completed quite some time ago, they simply didn’t know who the rifle belonged to and Tom was not talking to them as well.

If anyone else had work being done on stuff at I5 guns then I’d recommend contacting Bullseye and see if it might have gotten sent to them.

Nice!!!

While there's never 'a good reason' for it, I'm sure there's something that explains WTF happened.

Have you read the whole thread?

Especially the wall of lies Massivedesign had handed to him through an intermediary?

Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
NWGunner wrote:
NotAMerc wrote:

Nice!!!

Especially the wall of lies Massivedesign had handed to him through an intermediary?

I have.

Doesn't sound like Tom at all, but obviously something went down.

Only thing I could possibly think of is his pride got in the way of admitting his failures, and in doing so, screwed over a lot of people. Total conjecture, though.

I know there were personal familial health matters that he was dealing with, but what/if any that had to do with how things went, is anyone's guess. Even if that played into it, there's no excuse for how things happened, if what I'm reading on here happened as people are saying it did.

I haven't talked to him in over a year, but it just doesn't seem like something Tom would do...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TechnoWeenie wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

I have.

Doesn't sound like Tom at all, but obviously something went down.

I'm with you, TW. I'm not doubting what has been presented in this thread, but it has really surprised me.

I can't say that I know Tom well, but all of my experiences with him were positive.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve heard both sides of the good and bad. I have come to the revelation that when a shop decides to shut down, 99% of the time it is quick and without the proper attention to detail needed.

Unfortunately, this isn’t the first or last of this situation we have or will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn’t have an opinion or comment until Tom fed Dan a bunch of lies as to the issues, and most were easily refuted or, should have been addressed since Sept/Oct.

I have no doubt he treated some people well, but this isn’t the only person that had problems like this.

Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm fairly forgiving guy, but the number of walls that Tom through up trying to prevent any information from being passed along were ridicules. Any number of means in which I attempted communication could have been answered with a simple " It's at Bullseye." Instead, he went silent on all social media, and when people questioned him, he gave nothing but excuses. I thought I knew Tom fairly well, I brought a lot of business to his shop, whether buying or selling gear. It's pretty shameful the way he acted through this whole thing. It's only though the actions of some of his former employees that I found out where my stuff was at. Next time I pass through the Oly area I need to bring them a pack of beer or a decent bottle of whiskey as repayment for them helping me out.

Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:08 pm

May be a little late posting on this thread, but also got ripped off and lied to multiple times by Tom right before I5 guns closed. I bought $400 worth of parts for a suppressor I’d purchased and had purchased there. I was told 2 weeks and the parts would be in. After 3 weeks stopped by and Tom claimed they weren’t in yet. Called and got the same response after 5 weeks. I drove to the shop and it was closed. Stopped by again after trying their number that was on the door to call and found Tom loading his vehicle with store merchandise and asked him where my parts were. He said he had them and I could pick them up I just needed to call and setup a time. After leaving multiple messages and no call backs - I realized this POS had stolen my money and never ordered the parts. Ended up talking to my credit card company and they refunded me and were going after him for the money. Seems like a very risky business stealing peoples guns and money - especially from a lot of heavily armed people. Hopefully he gets what he deserves.

Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any update on this? I heard another guy talking about them the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6