Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 TC Encore 209x50 magnum black powder 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just inherited a TC Encore 209x50 magnum black powder rifle. I've never dealt with TC before, but inside the case was a 2nd barrel in 7mm Remington magnum also TC Encore.

Is this barrel interchangeable with the black powder rifle? Is 7mm black powder? Or does it convert the rifle to ammunition. I also have dies, cases and bullets, but there was no other 7mm Rem Mag in the safe.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

new daddy wrote:
I just inherited a TC Encore 209x50 magnum black powder rifle. I've never dealt with TC before, but inside the case was a 2nd barrel in 7mm Remington magnum also TC Encore.

Is this barrel interchangeable with the black powder rifle? Is 7mm black powder? Or does it convert the rifle to ammunition. I also have dies, cases and bullets, but there was no other 7mm Rem Mag in the safe.

Typically all T/C Encore barrels are interchangeable with any T/C Encore frame as well as T/C Pro Hunter accessories. The 7mm Rem Mag barrel is for modern, smokeless powder, brass cased ammo...if you do a search on the www, you'll find that some folks have toyed around using BP or Pyrodex in 7mm without any success, but personally, I wouldn't.....hope this helps...

Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It does. I'd read some of that and couldn't figure out if I'd read it wrong. It's confusing as you said because one is BP and the other brass cased. If I swapped the barrels, I can't figure out how I would load it. I also acquired everything needed to reload 7mm RM, but no other 7mm RM rifles. I'll need to find a manual someplace.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]