Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:18 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 CZ P09 or CZ P07 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So was ready to purchase the new CZ P09 suppressor ready in the new Urban Grey today and they also had the CZ P07 in the same set-up.

this past weekend I had the opportunity to shoot the P09 and it felt great. The P07 feels good as well just a tad smaller in dimensions which would make it a bit versatile.

This will be mainly used for range/target shooting and maybe home defense but mainly range/target and as a host for a suppressor which will be in the works soon as well.

I have a S&W shield and Glock 19 that I alternate for EDC.

Anyone have any time with any of these - Any thought on swaying me either way towards the P07 over the P09? Thanks in advance

Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why not buy both? :rockout:

I actually have both the standard p09 and the urban grey p07. The p07 is roughly the same size as the glock19, and the p09 is similar to the g17/g34.

If you aren't going to concealed carry the CZ, I'd go with the p09 for the extra barrel length/sight radius and additional capacity.

I highly recommend the CGW pro kit. It is very easy to install on the cz omegas.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you looked into the SP-01 or P-01? I love CZs, but never cared for plastic.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

they did have an SP01 tactical with a threaded barrel as well. I have a CZ 75 B and is one of the reasons who I was thinking Polymer. Just something different.

I like them all.....but doubt I can convince the misses otherwise. She has been very generous lately with some of my purchases.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It boils down to carry or not.

Both are outstanding guns, truly top shelf.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought the urban grey P-07 and could not be happier. It runs well with all of my CZ SP-01 and CZ 75b magazines. I like the tall sights. They are very very visible at night, and are very easy to pick up when night shooting with a rail light. It is a really great shooter, and the trigger has broken in nicely. The melonite finish really makes it tough and smooth running. I'm considering buying a P-09 also, but the mags aren't compatible with anything else like the P-07. Good luck on your purchase!

Divided we fall.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One caveat is magazines are stupid expensive. Like $50 each. And not compatible with anything else to my knowledge.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

leadcounsel wrote:
One caveat is magazines are stupid expensive. Like $50 each. And not compatible with anything else to my knowledge.

true that. The p-07 mags are not compatible with any other CZ models. But it will reliably gobble down all 19 rounds from my SP-01 mags at the range thumbsup

Mags for the P-07 w/+2 baseplate: $42.95
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory- ... -1704.html

Divided we fall.

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well......doing paper work on the P09 right now. Was surprised my wife liked it over the P07

Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]