Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 My journey getting my gun back. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nevertheless it shouldn't take 90-120 days to do. Oh wait I forgot they will look at my paperwork in that time who knows when they will run the check. It's the Komiefornia department of "justice"

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Tue May 10, 2016 6:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
mash man wrote:
Well... still no gun. I did however revive some paperwork filed out and mailed in. They revived it 4-15-16 they try to get the NICC done in 30 days (it takes what? 2 minutes to do? ) but they are backlogged 90-120 days WTF?

Oh hell no. I'd be knocking on some doors.

Also, NCIC is the all encompassing National Crime Information Center. NICS is a part of that, a very small part. An NCIC search is MUCH more than running a background check. It's a search through all of the NCIC Databases (over 20).

That's the "triple I". That at least is a part of the NICS check (and also the local LEO check).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstat ... tion_Index

But then they need to look at each record that comes up. e.g. maybe you were fingerprinted, but it was for a legit reason (CPL etc), you have an FBI record, but it was for a green card, etc. (in my case both of those things come up on my III)

Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday I received my approval letter on the mail from Komiefornia department of justice Bureau of firearms I don't know why I got process so quick an old friend of mine must have called in a favor. Now all I have to do is mail it to Fresno Police Department and they'll mail me the gun... and after a 10-day waiting period in Washington I'll be able to go pick it up.

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Fri May 27, 2016 3:39 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Whoo hoo!

Fri May 27, 2016 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Location: Seattle, Bellevue, Kirkland, Everett, Lynnwood at various times
mash man wrote:
Yesterday I received my approval letter on the mail from Komiefornia department of justice Bureau of firearms I don't know why I got process so quick an old friend of mine must have called in a favor. Now all I have to do is mail it to Fresno Police Department and they'll mail me the gun... and after a 10-day waiting period in Washington I'll be able to go pick it up.

Getting a gun back from the California DOJ is a major accomplishment.

When you actually get your firearm back, you need to celebrate, buy a lottery ticket, etc.

Fri May 27, 2016 8:17 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

mash man wrote:
Fresno is a VERY conservative county. The Sheriff used her own money to advertise on TV and radio that anyone wishing a CPL to come down and get one.

Wow... That's GREAT. I have a lot of family around Fresno and had not heard that.
That's just super. I like her.

Fri May 27, 2016 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

guncruiser wrote:
mash man wrote:

Getting a gun back from the California DOJ is a major accomplishment.

When you actually get your firearm back, you need to celebrate, buy a lottery ticket, etc.

What's actually gunna happen is they are gunna send him a photo of his pistol, with a letter stating that it was destroyed rather than returned to the owner for the safety of your children and those around you.

Fri May 27, 2016 9:14 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
What's actually gunna happen is they are gunna send him a photo of his pistol, with a letter stating that it was destroyed rather than returned to the owner for the safety of your children and those around you.

And it will be signed by Sen. Feinstein.

Fri May 27, 2016 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No shit!

Fri May 27, 2016 12:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:

And it will be signed by Sen. Feinstein.

Wonder if they'll give him a congratulatory plaque, or at least some carbon credits?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri May 27, 2016 12:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys are killing me :ROFLMAO: I have been in contact with the property officer and made mention of no peace bricks... he laughed and said not to worry he had it tucked away for me.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Fri May 27, 2016 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well folks it's back in Washington.

Photo credit unicorn aka Chester.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:17 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Nice that justice has done a little good.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:

So far $45 6+ months (from the Fresno PD) but... missing case... holster... mag loader... ammo... oh and (2) 13 round magazines

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mash man wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

So far $45 6+ months (from the Fresno PD) but... missing case... holster... mag loader... ammo... oh and (2) 13 round magazines

You got a gun back from Cali.. You are still ahead.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next