Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:03 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Weatherby pa-08 

I got a new shotgun back in October for my birthday. I have not got to shoot it till yesterday and that did not go to well. I put about 8 rounds through it and did ok. Then I had some buddies with me and they put some rounds through it as well. After about 12 to 15 rounds it started to jam up. It would feed the first round and eject it fine but then would not feed the second round, cleared that round and then the same thing. I have read other forums where this seems to be a problem and have not really seen any resolve. And the other people with this problem have tried other ammo so don't think that is an issue. And since I had other people pumping it don't really think that was an issue either. Once I got home I cleaned it really good and lubed it loaded the tube with the 4 3 inch magnum rounds I keep in for home defense cycled those and same thing.

It ejected the fired round and pulled the next round out of the tube then the next unfired round would not go up into the barrel. It seemed that the feed ramp will not feed the next round up.

Any one else with this problem? Our any solutions. In the mean time I will be contacting Weatherby. Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by amc82 on Thu May 28, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon May 25, 2015 4:59 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

When making posts like this, please provide as much detail as you can so people can give you the right kind of advice.

You've said that it won't feed the second round. Is the round stuck in the tube? Or it hits the edge of the chamber so the action can't close? Or something in between?

Got any pics that would help illustrate it?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon May 25, 2015 5:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&sa ... ZJSTmjdDRs

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:00 am

Thanks for the link but I have read all that info and as I stated there really is no resolve listed.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 am

Not to sure why I did not get more help here but oh well. For any one who cares or has a similar problem called Weatherby and they are going to fix it no charges at all.

Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cant help if we dont know anything. yes alot of us are know it alls but we forget too

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Thu May 28, 2015 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think part of the problem with responses may be that the Weatherby is not a very popular shotgun. They make a top notch bolt rifle, but I can't think of a single person that owns one. Hell until this post, I did not even know they made one. I think you will find most folks on this site tend to have the traditional winchesters, remingtons and mossbergs. So you probably did not get a response because nobody knows much about them. Since it is fairly new the manufacture is your best bet. Good luck with it, let us know how your experience with Weatherby is.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu May 28, 2015 10:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry, its almost impossible to fix, "my gun doesn't work right".

Madpick asked you questions, and asked for pics, just 20 min after you made your first post. You didn't respond.

Thu May 28, 2015 10:56 pm

I edited my op and add paragraph with the best description of the problem that I could come up with. No big deal it's getting fixed.

Fri May 29, 2015 4:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well the best I can guess from you post is that the shell lifter is not working.
Was it doing this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XmuZZn6d8

`Cause that looks like the lift is going to high.
But if you have it off for repair...there is nothing more to be done here.

Fri May 29, 2015 9:31 am

That is exactly what is happening. Just talked to Weatherby and the gun Smith looked at it twice and could not find anything wrong with it. I will probably get it out to shoot it in a week or so and try to take a video and see if they will look at it again. Or just sell it.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

amc82 wrote:
That is exactly what is happening. Just talked to Weatherby and the gun Smith looked at it twice and could not find anything wrong with it. I will probably get it out to shoot it in a week or so and try to take a video and see if they will look at it again. Or just sell it.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Make sure to let us know how it goes.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]