Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Best pocket pistol for our neutered state? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Something else to add to this conversation is pocket holsters. I've had good luck with Recluse. They're also local. Gig Harbor I think?

https://www.recluseholster.com/

Well, when I looked around all I saw was a pimp with a shiny pair of shoes and a '49 Mercury!

Thu May 02, 2024 9:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a S&W 340PD for sale on this board.

I've carried mine for probably 10 years. It's not a gun you shoot for fun and I consider it a grappling-distance gun.

Ideally, I would like to upgrade to a Sig 365.

What's wrong with another G43? You and your wife would have interchangeable everything and muscle memory/manual of arms.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Last edited by jukk0u on Fri May 03, 2024 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 02, 2024 11:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have the NRA 365xl and I cannot shoot that gun accurately to save my life. Only reason I have not sold it is because I hate loosing money on a firearm.

The Hellcat seems like a good option. I know The Marksmen allows prior military to buy them at a discount. I’ll have to go check that out. I have an old S&W model 49 I believe. Here is a photo. I do enjoy the comfort, but I’m not keen on 6 rounds and a speed loader in a pocket looks odd.

When I say pocket, I mean a pants pocket, shorts pocket, etc. thanks for all the advice. Much appreciated. :thumbsup2:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 03, 2024 12:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

What's wrong with another G43? You and your wife would have interchangeable everything and muscle memory/manual of arms.

Nothing really, I just like having variety. Only thing I have that is the same……kinda are Sig M17, and 18 all fde controls. Mainly for just the collection aspect. Other than that, I have variations of guns like a cz75. But no duplicates.

Fri May 03, 2024 12:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That hump back is a beauty. They have strip reloaders/holsters. It will never be a "running battle" gun, but will serve if your back is against the wall.... when you need the absolute smallest footprint, it's a good choice.

Here's a strip holster. I have one that stores the strips horizontally and is damn near the same width as my belt.
Put that Smith in a sticky holster and it'll disappear. One thing about pocket carry is access while sitting sux.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri May 03, 2024 8:29 am

for pocket carry I just switched from my LCP max to the kimber K6XS, got a Aholster back bone for the thinness on the way and use a Remora currently. Like the .38 round more personally then the .380. It is more bulky but doesn't have the outline of a gun like the LCP did. J Frame sized revolvers are just the ultimate comfortable carry to me even in AIWB no heavy grip full of ammo(1 in the pocket and 1 AIWB still more comfy then my P365 by itself AIWB. Don't get me wrong though I do carry a bigger gun AIWB when I deem necessary.

Fri May 03, 2024 9:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SS SP101.

Dam those humpbacks are fucking ugly.

And anyone pocket carrying a semi, better get good at shot placement because you only have ONE round.

Fri May 03, 2024 10:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rottenryan wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Yep, LCP I .380 is my pocket gun.

:plusone:

Pocket carry....like when I get outta the shower at night and I forgot to get the mail.[/q

I will never trust my life to a 380.

2 Reasons. 1. I know a guy that got shot in the head with a 380. You would never know it if you seen him. 2. I know another guy that shot a rapist in the face and didnt get the expected results he was looking for.

Aim to do bizz, not make the perp angry. GARBAGE round.

Fri May 03, 2024 10:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canik MC 9.

Fri May 03, 2024 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Rottenryan wrote:
surevaliance wrote:
Yep, LCP I .380 is my pocket gun.

:plusone:

Pocket carry....like when I get outta the shower at night and I forgot to get the mail.[/q

I will never trust my life to a 380.

2 Reasons. 1. I know a guy that got shot in the head with a 380. You would never know it if you seen him. 2. I know another guy that shot a rapist in the face and didnt get the expected results he was looking for.

Aim to do bizz, not make the perp angry. GARBAGE round.

I agree with you. Clint Smith said a .380 is a get away from me gun at about 6-10’. Other than that, it’s useless.

I didn’t know about the strip reloader. That looks like some practice is needed to be proficient.

I don’t want to carry that Smith because it’s the oldest gun in my inventory and has one interesting history. Plus it has a few imperfections, and I don’t want to make them worse. I completely forgot I have an LCR in a hidden area in my house. :doh1:

I still want to look at a hellcat. :thumbsup2:

golddigger14s wrote:
Canik MC 9.

I’m acquiring a TTI Canik very soon. :bigsmile:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri May 03, 2024 4:49 pm

Sinus211 wrote:
Schoolboy wrote:
My mind jumped initially to the p365 as other has said, but the p365sas is probably the better choice with the flush sights.

Have you ever shot with the SAS gutter/holo sight? I thought it was really confusing and inaccurate. Not to say it couldn’t work for someone, but to me it was a big let down. A good pocket holster should prevent snagging and the p365 and hellcat both have pretty low profile sights.

Not to knock your suggestion, I just personally had a really hard time adapting to the SAS sight.

Yes actually, my buddy bought the sas the same day I bought the xl. At up close ranges I didn't have an issue with it.

Fri May 03, 2024 6:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
SS SP101.

And anyone pocket carrying a semi, better get good at shot placement because you only have ONE round.

I have one of those. It is pretty heavy in the pocket. Have to cinch the belt up a bit.

Fri May 03, 2024 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If anyone here simply cannot stand to look at those “ugly” humpbacks, I will gladly take them off your hands…Image

Fri May 03, 2024 6:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
SS SP101.

I have one of those. It is pretty heavy in the pocket. Have to cinch the belt up a bit.

That's the beauty of the 340PD. Scandium frame/ steel cylinder. I barely notice it in jeans or carhartts and can pocket carry in shorts if I can wear a belt with them.

FJB

Fri May 03, 2024 7:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Old Growth wrote:
SS SP101.

My wife has an airweight. Its a horrible thing to shoot, let along get it back on target for a repeat shot.

I love a nice heavy sp101 with 357s in it. If i cant take care of bizz with 5 shots, Ill just whip them to death with it.

Fri May 03, 2024 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next