Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:21 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Uncle Mikes Holsters 

I dropped a $4k pistol the other day because my holster failed. Fortunately for me it happened in my bedroom as I was getting ready to leave so the firearm just plopped onto my foot. The next day I called Uncle Mikes and talked to their distributor. Uncle Mikes production moved to Vietnam ten years ago and Uncle Mikes does not carry replacement parts for their products and have reduced the number of products they now produce.

So if you use Uncle Mikes holsters check the rubber part that your straps all fasten to. Mine for my Automag had fatigued and when it broke it broke in three places. The holster is not made any more as are not other large sizes such as #11 so you large revolver fans are in the same boat. What I am doing is making the part that does not exist for a holster no longer made out of 1/8 inch alumimum plate and the oval accessory plate too. So far I have made three of the pairs and I have another three to make. I checked my Sidekick left hand holsters that I mount on the plates when I want to double carry and those rubber loops are also rotten so I will be cutting threads and sewing on more durable loops so I can double carry when I feel like it.

So go through you closet or wherever you store yoiur holster rigs and check the rubber parts out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]