Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 880, 881, 882, 883, 884  Next
 What did you do today in the world of firearms? 

Stopped by Harbor Freight and used a 30% off coupon for more ammo cans.

Got all the guns clean from last weekend's shoot and yesterday's. Reloaded the empty brass.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pulled the trigger on a 7.62 can for the 12.5" AR-10, with the assistance from Black Hammer Arms.

I'm by no means silencer illiterate, but there is still a lot for me to learn about all the options out there. Dana has a wealth of knowledge and was instrumental in helping me narrow down the field to a solid candidate.

Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shipped both of my S&W revolvers back to S&W. Crossing my fingers both come back repaired and I can move on from these shenanigans.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Installed a trigger and a Halo on my Buckmark.....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Put 400 rds through the Buckmark this morning, accurate pistol, lots of FTF's though, suspect weak mag springs, which is odd considering they're new factory mags....ordered up some green springs from TandemKross , and will try another ammo to see if that clears up the FTF's

Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably the ammo - anything under 40 grain usually won't work, and a lot of 40 grain is not loaded hot enough for recoil impulse in semi auto pistols and rifles. Try Federal Automatch,, CCI Mini Mags, or Winchester Super X. Hot loads win in semi autos,

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RENCORP wrote:
Probably the ammo - anything under 40 grain usually won't work, and a lot of 40 grain is not loaded hot enough for recoil impulse in semi auto pistols and rifles. Try Federal Automatch,, CCI Mini Mags, or Winchester Super X. Hot loads win in semi autos,

The ammo was Aguila Super Extra...not impressed with that stuff.....very dirty, what pushed me at the mag issue was it seems the followers are sticky, cleaned them up tonight, but as new factory mags they really shouldn't have been a problem.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally finished SBRing it, need to take it out this weekend.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally got around to installing my dynamic trigger in my pdp. Feels completely different from stock, but stock was nice to begin with. This has less pull, lighter, but the break is a tad worse than the OG. YMMV.

Last edited by Gasitman on Sat May 04, 2024 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 03, 2024 10:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last night I swapped triggers. Glock 22 with the Glock Performance Trigger moved over to my Glock 35.

G22 will get a hundred rounds or so to confirm it's functional and the become my full size carry.

The G35 will become my primary range gun. At least the frame will. I have a threaded 9mm conversion barrel for it and a 17 slide assembly. I'll probably rotate everything around regularly.

Also picked up 10 10-round 17 Pmags and 10 10-round 19 Pmags. This way I can preload the night before and not so it at the bench. I have 20 Police trade in Glock 22 mags for the range (picked up before the ban.) I didn't want to use my new Glock mags just for plinking.

This stupid law. Made me spend the same as I would for police trade in mags. For mags that will never be relied on for self defense. I could have bought million round mags and they would never see more than 5 rounds rounds (I shoot 5 shot groups.)

The rub is if I shoot GSSF and these mags start to faulter they'll probably ask me not to use them. Which means I'll have to bring my Constitutional Capacity MAGAzines to the match as backup.

EDIT (no point in another post)

I have a Glock 23 Slide assembly that I picked up that was rough. Like tossed in the Sound and recovered by PD rough. It had rust in a lot of spots. I cleaned it up a few weeks back and took off the rusty night sights. Today I just found a set of Glock sights to install. I didn't locktite the front sight since its a Glock metal sight and I may end up swapping it with the G35. I wont shoot it enough for it to fly off.

Other than that today I am just listening to the sounds of freedom floating over from RFGC.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Sat May 04, 2024 10:44 am

I used to do that, preload a shitload of mags before heading out, so as not to waste time loading.

Now though, since I've evolved and diversified my training, I'm doing many different excercises requiring different capacities in different mags.

And I welcome the chance to practice reloads!

Also most of the shooting is happening with a handful of designated training mags, to keep wear & tear down on the others. Blue tape so they're easy to find.

I'll show ya in a couple weeks!

Sat May 04, 2024 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went shooting for the first time in a long while. Tried out a new budget pistol I bought. Rented a Canik METE MC9, M&P Shield 9 Plus, Hellcat Pro. Liked the Shield Plus the best.

Sat May 04, 2024 3:36 pm

Got the 8" in from makeitring! Very pleased. Degreasing, painting, and shooting it in next few days. I think I like these guys!

Tue May 07, 2024 5:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are we even allowed to transport our mags full anymore?

"A nation grown free in a single day is a child born with the limbs and the vigour of a man, who would take a drawn sword for his rattle, and set the house in a blaze that he might chuckle over the splendour." Sydney Smith (1771-1845)
Spoiler: show
NOW YOU DID IT...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Tue May 07, 2024 3:47 pm

You serious Clark? Can't tell....

Tue May 07, 2024 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 880, 881, 882, 883, 884  Next