Switch to full style
Let's talk about guns!
Post a reply

Re: What did you do today in the world of firearms?

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:00 am

Gwitness wrote:
ViniVidivici wrote:Made another target stand today.

I think I'm done with chains, the steel resonates so much better when on a hook.

Takes down easy, crossmember is just a slip fit, can't wait to try it out!

Nice target stand.....I'll bring my Cetme :bigsmile:

HA! I hope so! Maybe this one will be harder to hit!

In other news the LGS jacked up the price of those 10" rounds from 21.99 to 49.99, so I'm gonna order from makeitring like Caveman did.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 am

ViniVidivici wrote:
Gwitness wrote:

I think I'm done with chains, the steel resonates so much better when on a hook.

In other news the LGS jacked up the price of those 10" rounds from 21.99 to 49.99, so I'm gonna order from makeitring like Caveman did.

I just checked out Makeitring. Prices look pretty good.
AR500 Steel Shooting Target Gong 6pc Set 2,3,4,5,6,8"
$57.20
FREE SHIPPING!

Is that right??? Are they really AR500? Price seems almost TGTBT.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:34 am

Aw crap.
The more I look at that site, the more I want. :drool:

Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:52 am

ViniVidivici wrote:
Gwitness wrote:

:bigsmile:

What did you do today in the world of firearms?

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 am

AR15L wrote:I just checked out Makeitring. Prices look pretty good.
$57.20
FREE SHIPPING!

That’s probably for the 1/8” thick gongs

Price goes up for the thicker ones

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:30 am

RocketScott wrote:
AR15L wrote:I just checked out Makeitring. Prices look pretty good.
$57.20
FREE SHIPPING!

That’s probably for the 1/8” thick gongs

Price goes up for the thicker ones

Nope. Double checked. 3/8ths thick.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:56 am

AR15L wrote:Nope. Double checked. 3/8ths thick.

You’re right. I found that set

That seems stupid cheap

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:51 am

Yeah they seem to have the best prices now.

Camenam Jim's plates are GTG. Just gotta paint 'em. No biggy.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:39 pm

MadPick wrote:Hey VIni, that's a slick target stand. thumbsup

Let us know how it holds up. If you're hitting it with rifles, I'm particularly interested to hear if it stays put, or starts skidding around as you beat on it.

Got to do some close-in rifle work this morning, a few drills & things 10-50 yards.

So, did doubles and reloads on this plate & stand at 10 yards, to see what it could take.

On level ground, wet grass, it did shift to the rear about one inch from original position, so not too bad. Normally 15 yards is the closest I shoot these. At 50 yards it didn't move at all.

Might be a little shifty on the hard rocky ground at the LCR pit, we'll find out next month!

I've decided to bring a few sandbags to shore up the other target stands in high winds. Last weekend it was insane. So if this bad boy wants to walk around, it'll get weighed down for sure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:06 pm

Nice! That sounds great. thumbsup

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:35 pm

Well that was a battle.

When paying for the Anaconda that I just won I clicked on the shopping cart in the upper right corner. I have never clicked there in the past.

It kept declining my card. Double checked the card, address, 3 digit code, etc. Used another card same thing.

I started thinking that my banks are blocking firearm transactions. Like shit they are really doing it and to me.

I used my card elsewhere just to make sure it was working. It was.

Finally I decided to pay via going through the auction's check out button as I usually do. Payment went through fine.

That was frustrating.

And Pantel called to say my Taurus arrived. I'll go in and do paperwork when the Anaconda arrives and/or pick up my Glock G35 from Washington State imposed prison. On 5/1

Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:25 pm

stompah wrote:Well that was a battle.

When paying for the Anaconda that I just won I clicked on the shopping cart in the upper right corner. I have never clicked there in the past.

It kept declining my card. Double checked the card, address, 3 digit code, etc. Used another card same thing.

I started thinking that my banks are blocking firearm transactions. Like shit they are really doing it and to me.

I used my card elsewhere just to make sure it was working. It was.

Finally I decided to pay via going through the auction's check out button as I usually do. Payment went through fine.

That was frustrating.

And Pantel called to say my Taurus arrived. I'll go in and do paperwork when the Anaconda arrives and/or pick up my Glock G35 from Washington State imposed prison. On 5/1
We live in a world where you can get a silencer faster than a pistol.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
07/02 NFA Dealer

http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms

Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:10 pm

Be careful with what you think.

The 2 day to now several hour approvals could be to flood the US with silencers. Once they become more commonplace they will get stolen then misused and we will have another front to fight on as they try to grab them after collecting our $200.

I cannot believe that the ATF is quickening approval times for the benefit of the gun community.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am

stompah wrote:Be careful with what you think.

The 2 day to now several hour approvals could be to flood the US with silencers. Once they become more commonplace they will get stolen then misused and we will have another front to fight on as they try to grab them after collecting our $200.

I cannot believe that the ATF is quickening approval times for the benefit of the gun community.

Or it could be a way to bait people into spending money they don't have, while at the same time collecting tax money to misuse. Position the electorate to be more easily controlled, and increase the means with which to control them. Win-win.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 am

Guns4Liberty wrote:
stompah wrote:Be careful with what you think.

Or it could be a way to bait people into spending money they don't have, while at the same time collecting tax money to misuse. Position the electorate to be more easily controlled, and increase the means with which to control them. Win-win.

Not nefarious enough.

Money we don't have could very well be credit cards. There is already a wave of loan defaults and car repossessions. Soon those who over paid for their houses in the last several years will start doing math and realize they cannot hold their homes. Then we will have another wave of bankruptcies. All those suppressor purchases will get discharged.
Post a reply