Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Can anyone fix an iPhone screen? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bewbs..

"For I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment."
-- John Steinbeck
"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
-- Oscar Wilde
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."
-- Marcus Aurelius
"Now I'm off to check out Drew's dick."
-- MadPick

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Phone is back and fixed. I splurged a little.

$80 to replace to screen, $20 to scrub the internals to repair the water damage.

I spent an additional $35 to get a purple conversion screen and back with the matching charging cord. OTD was $146. About $30 less than using the phones insurance plan, which I have just cancelled, and much less headache than waiting 5 days for a replacement to ship, then having to return the old one, also don't have to worry about redoing the settings. It's been a few days without her phone and my wife has been kinda bitchy without it or a means of communicating with me while I am out of the house. I don't think either of us could have made it 5 more days. LOL

PLUS surprising her with a custom color that she likes has given me about a million bonus points.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad yer back in business. Who is the insurance from? I've had very good experience with the Best Buy extended warranty for my iPhone and other electronics.

Recently destroyed my iPhone by waterboarding. They even fixed me up with a loaner for the three days until a new one was sent. Didn't cost a cent. (Except what I had paid for the warranty.)

ImageImageImage

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whatever coverage is offered through Verizon. Not sure who the actual provider is, but it is too much of a hassle. My wife has previously ruined 3 different phones, none of those were insured, so we got it for her iPhone. Now I see that it's kind of a waste.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:54 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad to see they treated you right!! They are a pretty good outfit.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

GN, I have an honest question for you and anyone else that cares to comment.
Why or how did your wife destroy three other phones? icon_eek
I have never lost or even dropped any cell phone I've ever had. Mine look new.

Seems to me that when cell phones are hovering (some) at $600, one would want to take care of it?

For every phone I've had, I've always bought a case for it. The back/front pocket to carry doesn't appeal to me.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The previous phones were over the last 5 years. They were the free phones you get when you get a plan or upgrade. The first phone we have paid money for was her iPhone.

The first one was dropped off of a 3rd floor balcony.

The second one was water damage. On a date we went out and jumped into a pool with our clothes on, just goofing around. Both of our phones got ruined that time, but it was worth it.

Third time she was working. She was a cook and dropped her phone in a 400 degree deep fryer at work. She got it out, but it didn't survive.

I don't know how she ruins the phones either. Her iPhone she has taken pretty good care of, she has been tired and preoccupied in the last few weeks because of the baby, so I don't blame her. She has had her current phone for about 2 years I think. She has done much better with this one.

IDK either though. I have never broken a cell phone. I use my iPhone in light rain and I have dropped mine a time or two, but I have a dual part case with a tough outer shell and a rubberized, shock absorbing, inner shell. So I guess I may just be more attached to mine than she is.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

General Nonsense wrote:
It's been a few days without her phone and my wife has been kinda bitchy without it or a means of communicating with me while I am out of the house. I don't think either of us could have made it 5 more days. LOL

Some guys might think of it as 5 days of "heaven". :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

When I was working part time after retiring, in retail store, I used to chuckle when most of the male customers would get several calls while they were there from their wives checking on them.

Our whole society will collapse if all the batteries go dead at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:46 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

deadshot2 wrote:
Our whole society will collapse if all the batteries go dead at the same time.

icon_eek You SHUT YOUR FACE!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2