Switch to full style
Post here if you are in need of a specific service, or have a job opening to advertise.
Post a reply

North Tacoma light house repair

Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi All:

I am looking for someone to replace a shower door and do a little floor repair. Please let me know if you have anyone you would recommend.

I am on north Proctor near Jefferson Park

Thank You:

James

Re: North Tacoma light house repair

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:34 pm

Home Adviser.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:37 pm

JamesG wrote:Hi All:

I am looking for someone to replace a shower door and do a little floor repair. Please let me know if you have anyone you would recommend.

I am on north Proctor near Jefferson Park

Thank You:

James

What is a Little Floor Repair exactly? When i hear that about a Bathroom it sends up Red Flags.

Is it the Bathroom?

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 pm

golddigger14s wrote:Home Adviser.

Not good...

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:43 pm

NWGunner wrote:

Not good...

Please don't use home advisor, they can be a good source for contractors just getting started that need to develop a customer base but I've heard from numerous guys who have used them that they really screw over contractors by giving them endless dead leads that they really overcharge for.

I just sent them another email today telling them to stop calling me at work. Nothing more annoying then shutting down my tools and stopping work to answer the business line and find it's home advisor calling me again trying to sell me their service that I have repeatedly rejected and asked them to stop contacting me about. :angryfire:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:55 pm

sinus211 wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

Not good...

Please don't use home advisor, they can be a good source for contractors just getting started that need to develop a customer base but I've heard from numerous guys who have used them that they really screw over contractors by giving them endless dead leads that they really overcharge for.

I just sent them another email today telling them to stop calling me at work. Nothing more annoying then shutting down my tools and stopping work to answer the business line and find it's home advisor calling me again trying to sell me their service that I have repeatedly rejected and asked them to stop contacting me about. :angryfire:

Okay, Home Advisor has been mentioned before, so, here goes.....

Home Advisor used to go by another name, Service Magic. They had so many thousands of complaints, that as the Internet got bigger, they changed their name.

Home Advisor now has thousands of complaints, from both homeowners, AND contractors. All the supposed background checks never really occur, and they double & triple bill contractors for the fees to reccomend them. It's not really a free service, the contractor just keeps the fee in mind when quoting.

Now with so many BBB complaints (13,000+), and a horrible reputation with both homeowners and contractors, they just purchased Angie's List in October, in an effort to, yet again, run from their shitty reputation.

I wouldn't use them if they paid ME.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:05 pm

And you might want to edit the title, at first I thought it was a light house in north Tacoma that needed repair work done :bigsmile:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:20 pm

sinus211 wrote:And you might want to edit the title, at first I thought it was a light house in north Tacoma that needed repair work done :bigsmile:

Me too. :bigsmile:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:22 pm

usrifle wrote:
sinus211 wrote:And you might want to edit the title, at first I thought it was a light house in north Tacoma that needed repair work done :bigsmile:

Me three :bigsmile:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 pm

NWGunner wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Me three :bigsmile:

hit the floor!!

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:34 am

Hi

Thanks for the responses

I will change the title tonight.

What i need is a new shower door installed and sealed plus about an 18 inch square of flooring replaced in front of the shower.
Thanks
James

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:38 pm

JamesG wrote:Hi

Thanks for the responses

I will change the title tonight.

What i need is a new shower door installed and sealed plus about an 18 inch square of flooring replaced in front of the shower.
Thanks
James

What type of flooring is it?

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:10 pm

The house was made in 1926 and the floor is wood with 12X12 stick on tile from Home depot.

I may have someone to do it but won't be sure for a couple days.

James

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:15 pm

JamesG wrote:The house was made in 1926 and the floor is wood with 12X12 stick on tile from Home depot.

I may have someone to do it but won't be sure for a couple days.

James

Great!

Let us know who & if they do a god job, for future reference :thumbsup2:
Post a reply