Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Field mechanic needed for utility contractor ASAP 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So my friend is fleet mgr for a large utility contractor based in Vancouver with six yards throughout western Washington.

They are in borderline dire need of a GOOD heavy equipment, truck, diesel, hydraulic, etc mechanic based primarily out of the Kent area.

They have a yard in Olympia, Tacoma, Bremerton, Bellingham, and two in Kent.

They are well established, very well capitalized, busy, with large guaranteed contract work with Fortune 500 companies.

They need a wrench who is NOT a one trick pony. You're gonna work on small engines like compressors, trash pumps, wacker packers, chainsaws....Ford and Dodge pickups from half ton 150/1500 up to F-550/5500s. Ditch Witch equipment. Vermeers, John Deere mini excavators, Case backhoes, trailers, dump trucks, bucket trucks, diggers, welding work....some days you will do nothing but replace light cords and bulbs and then be out on a midnight call out for a horizontal directional drill or a big ass digger derrick on a power pole.

Service truck is a brand new 2016 F-550 4x4 diesel fully loaded with power everything, mechanics box, Miller welder, nice big compressor. No crane but they rarely need one and will sublet large work out to vendors.

The shop is not much but has good equipment and tools in it, plus their parts and supply stock is phenomenal, and you're based out of your truck primarily and take it home every night.

You can live nearly anywhere you want as long as you can report to Kent in the morning at 0700. They are looking for two mechanics--one for the Kent area and one based around the Olympia area.

Pay will be experience dependent but if you are good and don't mind some overtime, it has the potential to be a $100,000 job. No joke.

They have full benefits--medical dental vision 401k vacation pay etc etc etc. Did I also mention they have considerable capital and are in no danger of running out of money? It's a solid job of 50-60 hour weeks if you want the overtime.

No formal posting at this time but if you have interest, PM me. Thanks.

Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]