Post here if you are in need of a specific service, or have a job opening to advertise.
Post a reply

Need a tree removed

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:31 pm

pending approval from my home owners association, i have a beautiful flowering tree in my front yard that has become a bit of a problem. the roots are getting dangerously close to the sidewalk and driveway and are growing above ground.

its not a huge tree (i could probably do it if i was in MERICA(fu*& yeah) but i am currently not.
You can keep the wood for burning (next season).

Let me know how much$$
thanks

Re: Need a tree removed

Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:50 am

Do you still need tree removal Virginia ?

Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:55 am

This post was 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:59 am

APA wrote:This post was 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess is that the tree has been handled by now.

I was going suggest merely cutting it off at the ground, put a large pickup tire around the remaining stump, and start a fire. That used to work for any tree we were removing on the farm :bigsmile:

Not saying the HOA would be pleased though.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:39 pm

I used a stump grinder on the 8 cotton woods I had cut down on my lot in Cle Elum.
Damn, that was a lot of saw dust!

Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:59 pm

I use a 14 ton crane.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:45 pm

Guntrader wrote:I used a stump grinder on the 8 cotton woods I had cut down on my lot in Cle Elum.
Damn, that was a lot of saw dust!

But look how well your new flower garden was "mulched".

I'm getting ready to have a 50' Cyprus taken down that just plain got out of hand. Stump is 2' in diameter. Expect it to turn into firewood and "mulch" later this week. Then I'm just going to plant a "Rhody" and not have all the shit fall on my roof anymore.

Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Have a huge flowering cherry tree in front. Maybe 30-40 feet across.
Totally out of control, gonna have to pay someone.
If the streets were wider and no cars parked along the way, I'd cut it down, hook it to the truck, and tow it around at 3am until most of the branches and leaves were gone.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:29 am

Guntrader wrote:Have a huge flowering cherry tree in front. Maybe 30-40 feet across.
Totally out of control, gonna have to pay someone.
If the streets were wider and no cars parked along the way, I'd cut it down, hook it to the truck, and tow it around at 3am until most of the branches and leaves were gone.

Got a flowering plum tree right next to the cyprus that's to say the least, "overgrown". Tree guy's going to prune it at the same time so at least it looks good.

If my cyprus was smaller I'd be inclined to use "your method". :bigsmile:

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:40 am

Ugh, I had a bunch of flowering plums along the sidewalk on the front and side of my old house.
Had to prune the rain chutes every year with an air saw, those bastards can grow 9 feet in a year!

Neighbor let some kind of plum tree go without pruning for years, damn thing was 30+ feet tall.
Then one year it happened. Sprouted plums.
HUGE ones.
Started cracking all the branches from the weight.
Post a reply