Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 I'd like to make my .org site 'mobile device friendly'... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't been able to figure out how to make my web site viewable to mobile devices. I wrote it on MS ExpressionsWeb 4 and designed it for 800x600 resolution. How do I make it fit mobile devices? Or should it be an app?

This site is a guide to shooting on public land and should be accessible while in the field. Future additions will be well worth having shooting info readily available, (providing cell service availability!). I see this as another way we can help raise awareness with the problem of trash at shooting sites, educate new shooters and help improve our kind of recreation.

I'm not a web developer and don't understand much on how this all works, so, I need some direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bill

http://trashnoland.org/

Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TNL wrote:
I haven't been able to figure out how to make my web site viewable to mobile devices. I wrote it on MS ExpressionsWeb 4 and designed it for 800x600 resolution. How do I make it fit mobile devices? Or should it be an app?

This site is a guide to shooting on public land and should be accessible while in the field. Future additions will be well worth having shooting info readily available, (providing cell service availability!). I see this as another way we can help raise awareness with the problem of trash at shooting sites, educate new shooters and help improve our kind of recreation.

I'm not a web developer and don't understand much on how this all works, so, I need some direction. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Bill

http://trashnoland.org/

I don't know the answer, so I'll chime in .... :bigsmile:

Actually, just a suggestion, since you'll be tweaking things.....perhaps see about making it downloadable, so that someone can have it on their phone, and still access it even without cell service. That would be very large, so maybe have it be by state, or quadrants, or counties, or.....?

Just a thought....

Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are companies that offer tools to do this without too much pain (most designed for non-developers). Try Googling "mobile site optimization" as a starting point.

Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]