Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I need a bath room remodeled 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So what I need is a bathtub taken out and a walk in shower put in. Must be licensed and bonded company. I want a firm price before any work would start. Right now home depot is getting me a price from a sub contractor.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
So what I need is a bathtub taken out and a walk in shower put in. Must be licensed and bonded company. I want a firm price before any work would start. Right now home depot is getting me a price from a sub contractor.

Firm prices don't exist with bathroom remodels. When you open the walls up on an older house, all kinds of problems can crop up.
Dry rot being the biggest one, a myriad of others can follow.
I used to do bathrooms for a living, you never know what you will find when you open the walls up.
I am about to do both of mine, I expect some unseen issues.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The house is 3 years old.

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:35 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I feel you man. Here is my progress.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
The house is 3 years old.

That certainly helps, but is no guarantee there aren't issues.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is what needs to come out.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Walk in like roll in (curbless) or is a 4" "hump" okay? The difference is quite a bit of money. You can sawzall that tub, pull the tile, install a new pan and tile the walls. Home Depot DIY book. Make it a fun family project.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:52 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do it yourself. Or better yet, include the wife. It's awesome.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it ain't broke ...

Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A little bump so that water doesn't come out. Mother in law has a hard time stepping over the tub.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mash man wrote:
A little bump so that water doesn't come out. Mother in law has a hard time stepping over the tub.

You can do this yourself.

http://www.homelivingstyle.com/dreamlin ... fgod90UDOQ

Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it isn't something you need immediately, you can always do the demo yourself. That way any "surprises" are uncovered before a contractor even sets foot inside.

We basically re-did our bathroom ourselves. I dislike plumbing, but just use lots of plumbing tape and you should be fine (at least 5 turns of the stuff).

Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want it to be a one day thing. That and I am not paying for it. It's my house but my mother in law wants it so she is paying the bill.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:07 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

mash man wrote:
I want it to be a one day thing. That and I am not paying for it. It's my house but my mother in law wants it so she is paying the bill.

One day won't happen.. Regardless if there is a contractor there or not. Demo will take a day, prep may take another, installation another. If there is any sheetrock that needs to be put in, with mud/tape, plan on another day. Then paint, caulking etc.

Are you going to get a permit? Because now you are changing your bath from a full bath to a 3/4, when you go to sell it may flag with the County as an un-permitted modification. I personally wouldn't permit it.. But if you do, add 4 weeks, and a day for inspections.

In a PERFECT world, plan for AT LEAST 3 days.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
mash man wrote:

One day won't happen.. Regardless if there is a contractor there or not. Demo will take a day, prep may take another, installation another. If there is any sheetrock that needs to be put in, with mud/tape, plan on another day. Then paint, caulking etc.

Are you going to get a permit? Because now you are changing your bath from a full bath to a 3/4, when you go to sell it may flag with the County as an un-permitted modification. I personally wouldn't permit it.. But if you do, add 4 weeks, and a day for inspections.

In a PERFECT world, plan for AT LEAST 3 days.

Well fuck me running.

When its time to go in:

Author unknown.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next