Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:11 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Need someone to run lights and wiring at WSP Memorial 8/13 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=70231

The WSP now has all of the wiring and lighting materials and the locations for the lighting (including lighting for the flag, so it can fly at night) marked off, it just wasn't run for whatever reason when the memorial was put in.

Since we're going to be pulling pretty much everything up anyway, definitely everything where the lighting/wiring is to be run, it makes sense to just go ahead and run the lighting/wiring--otherwise, it might not happen for a while, if ever.

If you are an electrician (not even sure that you have to be an electrician, because it's low-voltage per Lt. Cmdr. Geoffrey Jacobson) and can run this wiring and the lighting, please consider donating your time and skills to this effort to honour fallen troopers. I can only give you my eternal gratitude, although Geoff will probably arrange for a signed certificate of gratitude from the WSP for your office or shop.

Please post "in for wiring" in the above thread if you can do this for the WSP.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well............... I knows aircraft wiring. And something like this doesn't bother me at all. Hell.... never burnt down any of the homes I've lived in, that I have done wiring on.

But I don't know code.... So I hesitate, being that this is a public place.

I have PM'ed someone, and if that doesn't work I have another chain I can yank.

I will see what I can arrange.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello, let me present this opportunity for myself and some like minded individuals to look at and handle. Pm me with more details please. I am highly interested. Brian Lee.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sparkeee1978 wrote:
Hello, let me present this opportunity for myself and some like minded individuals to look at and handle. Pm me with more details please. I am highly interested. Brian Lee.

Win right there. His handle is "sparkee" he's got to be an Electrician. :thumbsup2:
Good job man, that needs to be handled by a professional.
:wagwoot:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Finally! A use for all this knob and tube wiring stuff I have. It's code to reuse WWI era fuse blocks, right?

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]