Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 WANT TO TEACH 

I'm thinking about starting up a knife throwing class.I need input on whether people are interested and what a fair charge would be.I teach a straight throw, no flip tecnique.I can guaruntee a 15 fifteen foot straight throw to anyone two to four hours you will leave very satisfied or it will be free im confidend in my method .my eight year old daughter is quit good at it ive taught many not one failure. With further practice 18 feet and under is prob 90% accuracy with a max distance of 30+ feet still no flip.this tecnique at least doubles the force of the throw. ANYTHING with a point can be thrown knives, spikes, my favorite is needle nose pliers.I can stick a 1 &1/2'' finish nail into wood at fifteen feet no flip. ANYTHING with a point. No adjustments it all throws the same. This is the real deal no calculated flip straight as an arrow.I'm looking forward to some input from all you knife finatics and survivalist.I'll take criticism ads well maybe it's a dumb idea.I know I would have paid anything to have learned it in my younger years. HILLBILLY NINJA :bruce:

Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Richard!

I'm not a knife-thrower myself (and we have the video to prove it...), but the idea intrigues me because, well, I have testosterone in my system. I've seen the straight-throw technique on YouTube.

At the very least, this sounds like it might be a fun WaGuns group activity, if it's the kind of thing you can do with multiple students. You know, a few hours of class and then lunch, or something like that!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you teach the Thorn throwing style or something else?

Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I might be interested in that. Keep us posted.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Cool so it's not such a dumb idea. And no it's not the thornless spine tecnique I found that to be semi difficult it is shuriken Japanese tecnique they are really good at dialing things in and they have taken out human error it's pretty impressive.thornless spine is as far as I can tell a modified shuriken tecnique .I have Americanized it a little bit for teaching reasons but I lean back to the original once it's learned. That's the only way you can throw anything.I've had people challenge me by handing me anything and every thing that had a point.I stuck pair of fiskas grass shears once.that one even surprised me it's just a way of thinking and a learned motion usually you'll get you first stick in fifteen twenty mins .it sounds good and for some reason it feels good it's catchy you get hooked and can't stop throwing things.and yes it makes for fun games at events .we play cricket on a five foot diameter for round with a dart board carved in.once learned unlike the calculated flip you can throw down as hard as you want nothing changes it just gets delivered with a sickening impact.with the right knife I can get the tip to just barely poke through half inch ply wood sitting loose leaning on fence or something .i love teaching it I'm not as interested in making profit as I just trying to supplement the single dad trying to support both ends .I'm also an excellent fabricator I have a rig so aluminum ,stainless ,even gun metal,is an option, I've actually done a reasonable amount of welding on various guns through the the years I didn't mention that because I in th middle of moving

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think it's a great idea.

I'd be willing to probably pay someone $50 to teach me, even if it was a group class say on a Saturday. Would maximize your instructor time/efficiency.

But I'd only likely do it if there was some value above what I could learn in a 30 minute Youtube video. Meaning that it looks pretty self explanatory and just requires practice. If I were to pay someone it would only be if I couldn't figure it out through some trial and error.

I'm pretty athletic with good hand/eye coordination and played a lot of sports that involve throwing balls, putting spin and spiral on footballs and basketballs and baseballs. Seems like a fairly simple transition to a pointy object.

Can you offer anything of value that I can't get from this 9 minute video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1nBmcKuoo

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Yes I was thinking the same thing sat. I'm still not positive on group size .if it turn out a certain number off people are interested I'll prob mock up aa class with friends see how it goes I'm guess in 6 maybe 8 to ensure each get what they need to move on by them selves. In regards to the video it's funny you sound just like me.I admit I am self taught.the video you referred to is one I had watched on my quest for no flip.I started with the military combat throw and found it to be very difficult.I rate difficulty on the fact that I'm kinda picky and wanted to be as close to 100% in my accuracy as possible.next I moved on to the Russian technique a little better but I was still not satisfied the thornless spine got me close.when I started I had said to a friend Houdini threw them straight...at targets with people chained to them.that's the accuracy I was determined to aquire.after getting exited then failing and catching a lot of slack from the boy's I Remember saying that's it I'm going ninja.it seemed they were the most likely to have perfected it.problem was I couldnt find any actual info on their tecnique.I won't get into how I put it together let's just say it was a challenge.you can save time right there by skipping the first three , and focusing on shuriken.for I however recomend watching the video then going outside and apply it.you correct practice and time .we as people usually learn the quickest by hands on training I mentioned usually fifteen mins you will be sticking them .I try to keep the success up and the moral high so you steepen your learning curve.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:56 pm

When you are standing there by yourself dropping blades while trying to reinvent the wheel it can definatly start testing your patience.I'm just here to save you some time and hopefully make it a little less trying and a lot more enjoyable. This good input i thank you have given a few things to think about in regard to how im going to go about this .

Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Me and my daughter are interested ... $50 each seems a bit much but for the both of us I could swing it.

If you want to trade for aikido lessons ...

Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am interested! But you will have to help me unlearn my present, conventional throwing style

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you get a group together, we might be able to host you at Interlake Sporting Association. Let me know.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Me and my daughter are interested ... $50 each seems a bit much but for the both of us I could swing it.

Hey sportkboy, wanna swap some aikido lessons for some Muay Thai lessons?

Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
SporkBoy wrote:

Hey sportkboy, wanna swap some aikido lessons for some Muay Thai lessons?

Muay Thai is too scary. I got very sensitive shins ...

Just don't kick me and I'll show you all the aikido you want. Please don't kick me ...

MAMA HE GONNA KICK MEEEEEEEE

Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:31 am

Yes i could work some trade in let me know when you want to do it And the show sounds like it could be fun sorry took so long to reply havnt been online to busy I'll stay in contact now :bruce:

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]