Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Any fire restoration contractors??? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am happy to say "Good Day" to every one at WaGuns. I am happy to be alive and vertical. My house fire was bad but not as bad as it could have been. I am looking for someone with knowledge and ability to partially gut my house and seal and re-drywall it. It is a three bedroom Rambler located in Des Moines. My insurance is writing up the scope right now, and I really want to get back home as soon as possible. Trying to find a place when I have two dogs and three cats is difficult. And No I will not give up my four legged family members. If there are any members here that do that kind of work Please contact me. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Dan

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan10mmman wrote:
I am happy to say "Good Day" to every one at WaGuns. I am happy to be alive and vertical. My house fire was bad but not as bad as it could have been. I am looking for someone with knowledge and ability to partially gut my house and seal and re-drywall it. It is a three bedroom Rambler located in Des Moines. My insurance is writing up the scope right now, and I really want to get back home as soon as possible. Trying to find a place when I have two dogs and three cats is difficult. And No I will not give up my four legged family members. If there are any members here that do that kind of work Please contact me. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Dan

Damn, that sucks. Glad to hear everyone including the 4-footers made it. Prayers for you and the others. Gotta be hard.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:51 am

Massivedesign, get ahold of him. I believe it was his mother who had a house fire not too long ago. He has posted updates of the re-constrution process.

Best of luck to you.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

waglocker wrote:
Massivedesign, get ahold of him. I believe it was his mother who had a house fire not too long ago. He has posted updates of the re-constrution process.

Best of luck to you.

Yup, I've been there with my Parents house: http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=52769 for the most part, the insurance company was awesome. Adjusters came right out, cleaning crewws, packing crews etc, it was a busy couple of weeks. Then the insurance "builders" showed up to make a quote (we had already gotten the insured amount of loss), and they ended up going with a local custom builder (who actually built the house years before).

It's still in the works and move in date is end of next month.

The only thing I can say is insurance should cover basically EVERYTHING, save all of your receipts and talk to your adjuster often.

Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't know how I missed this...I can't take the cats, due to Hank being a zero f*ck giving Turkish Angora who rules the house with the proverbial iron fist in a furry white paw.

Hank, shown here giving exactly zero f*cks: Image

However, if the dogs are well-behaved (meaning, no barking or digging, minding your manners at meal time and inside the house) and neutered or spayed, and are not tiny (they'd just get trampled), they can for sure come stay with me. They'll need to be licenced and current on their rabies vaccines.

Shoot me a PM if the dogs want to come hang with Norman, Lily, the chickens (Lucy and Julie), and one cat with a heck of a megalomaniac complex.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks everyone. I am currently waiting for the insurance adjuster to complete the scope of work. Then I guess I'll spend the next week getting bids on the total gut. One of my rafters got charred so may have to reroof....again. Hopefully it can be sister-ed. Our critters seam to be doing okay. The fourth was hard on them.
If any body see's TCB please have him contact me.
Tanks,
Dan

Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about this bud. Glad you & the fur babies are okay. Hang in there!

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you are still in the market for someone to do your work contact Prime NW Construction. They specialize in fire restoration work. They are out of Lacey, and I don't know how far they travel, but the owner is a real stand up guy who does fantastic work.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]