Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:40 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Job Opportunity w/ Photoshop - Olympia 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My fiancee is resigning from her job of 10 years, working for a small, Olympia Based, Equestrian Photography company. The owners have asked her to help find her replacement. Her last day is June 15th and would like to get a new employee to train sooner than later.

Here is the skinny:

Salaried position, pretty much part time though. In the Summer (Horse Show) months, you could be working 25 hours a week. In the winter though, that will drop down to 10ish. It's really economy driven, but the salary stays regardless.

You will be working from home, your own home. Computer (PC), printers, credit card machine, cell phone etc will all be provided. Employee must provide and pay for their own high speed internet and have a space that can be dedicated to the duties they need to perform.

Job Title is:
Graphic Artist, Office Manager.

Duties:
Basic Photoshop Skills will be used to clean up the digital files that the owners send you. Removing of shadows, background changes, perking up an ear, removing a ribbon, making proofs etc. Training will be provided, but hopefully you have some basic PS knowledge.

Receiving orders: Since the owners travel most of the year to different shows, worldwide, you are the local contact. Your job will be to answer the phone and receive orders for photos. Using the CC machine, Photoshop, printing and mailing orders etc. Record keeping will also be a part of this job, keeping CC receipts, etc for a few months at a time. There will also be a few business related errands (running to the post office once a week, running to the owners home in Tumwater to get some negatives to scan in etc). Hence why local people are needed.

Computer Literacy: You MUST be computer literate. Skills in Photoshop, Publisher, Office etc will have a better chance than somebody who knows nothing.

Bonus: If you are able to travel; A couple times a year, there are shows that require a person onsite to allow vendors and competitors to review their photos that day. Compensation will be increased for those times and flights, hotel and per diem will be provided.

Compensation:
$1,230 / month (paid twice a month). No health, vision, dental, vacation etc.

The owners are pretty cool people. Travel a lot but expect things to get done when they need to get done. The job itself isn't all that hard, and can be quite rewarding at times. You will be expected to keep a clean working environment. While you will never have customer show up, the owners will come by (announced and coordinated) to upload new files to the hard drives, get the CC receipts etc.

This is a PERFECT job for a stay at home mom/dad or somebody who has some free time. You can even work it right where you can work an hour during the day doing phone calls etc, then the rest at night.

Email resumes to show@robhessphoto.com (and PM me too please)

WaGuns members do not get preferential treatment, but if you get the job, you get to clean my guns while you are trained in my house :ROFLMAO:

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:07 pm
Profile WWW

Hi there!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've forwarded this to a colleague's wife who may be interested FYI. I think it would be a good fit.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:57 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Excellent! They are thinking of having interviews on the 20th!

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]