Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Body Shops and Insurance Claims...Help 

Wife was hit by another driver, other driver has All State insurance. Other driver has 100% fault.
No injuries, but the car has quite a bit of rearend and frame damage in my eyes.
2003 VW Passat

Where to take it? Any recommendations for an excellent body shop in the Tacoma, Lakewood, Puyallup area?

Anyone work at a body shop anywhere that can answer some questions about what we can and can't demand on the repairs?
The car was pristine before, no accidents, scratches, dents or dings.
Safety is my #1 concern, the All State adjuster wrote up the claim with repairing most of the parts. Can I demand new parts?
I understand straightening the frame, but repairing a tweaked bumper, damaged bumper struts, straightening the spare tire well (among other stuff)???
These parts were all undamaged and perfect before and I feel that they should be replaced as new for strength and aesthetics, am I off base?

I think the repairs are going to come close to totaling the car, if they do...good and if they don't, we'll be filing a diminished value claim.

Thanks for any information.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would recommend Lakes Body Shop in Lakewood, they fixed my truck to as good as new and even gave me a free bottle of touch up paint. They are a State Farm preferred repair shop.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do know allstate is one of the better companies to work with they have some good standards and expectations from shops they have on thier preferred or whatever list. If its not right in your eyes demand a satifactory job from the shop

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Filing a DV claim on a 2003 good luck with that. You may want to inquire about a DV claim before trying to Pursure it. 2003 VW does not have alot of value as it is and filing a DV claim on a vehicle that is 9-10 years old is going to be tough.

rule 2 just pisses them off wife blah blah blah husband yes dear what ever you say dear!

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:12 pm
Profile YIM

http://www.ericksons-auto-body.com/index.html

I have taken my vehicles to them after a few accidents, none have been my fault. :thumbsup2:
I have never had any problems with them.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]