Post here if you are in need of a specific service, or have a job opening to advertise.
Post a reply

Need a replacement Jacuzzi pump motor or bearings(?)

Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:28 pm

The pump motor on our hottub is on it’s way out. It sounds like a grinder instead of a nice hum like you’d expect. The one saving grace is, the pump & motor are super easy to get to.

The tub is 15 years old or so and the motor’s original, so it’s probably best to replace both pump & motor, and so far I haven’t been able to find a bearing kit for it.

Is anyone out there a spa reseller who could get the pump/motor for me? Even just the motor would be a good start, but I’d imagine the seals and whatever in the pump are showing their age, so I think I’d rather replace them both & be done with it.

This is the pump motor data plate:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Need a replacement Jacuzzi pump motor or bearings(?)

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:00 pm

I used SpaGuts.com at TinCanBandits recommendation.

Replaced my entire heater/pump assembly ready to install for 1/2 of any local store.

Their website is easy to use.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:31 pm

Thanks Don, I'll check then out.

Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:56 pm

The Spa Depot is local to us here in Washington. Giant Warehouse near the Olympia Airport. They have everything

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:03 am

Rottenryan wrote:The Spa Depot is local to us here in Washington. Giant Warehouse near the Olympia Airport. They have everything

Thanks, I'll check them out. No joy at Spa Guts.

EDIT:

Spa Depot had a great deal going on a better than new replacement. It's a larger frame (so it runs cooler and there's plenty of room for it), slightly higher amp capacity (11.5 for dying pump vs 12 for new), and 1-1/2 more horsepower, so the jets should be back to their old ways. My arthritic back can't wait.

$300 & tax, so just shy of $342 shipped free to my door. Should be here in a couple of days, and can maybe install it this weekend.

Thanks!
Post a reply