Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Griffin Armament M2 sight set.. bummer 

I purchased Griffin Armaments new sight set $125 for the set. Put them on my BCM 300blk upper. First impression was the sight to rail interface was fairly sloppy, and the sight is secured with a single steel set screw (more on that late) the sloppy fit and single set screw makes it easy for the sight to cant in one direction when you tighten it down, making it not centered on the rifle,and it also digs in to your aluminum rail leaving a big gouge. The rear sight aperture was machined crooked and the hole for the adjustment screw not tapped at a perfect 90 degrees. I sent a copy of my receipt and pictures of the problem to there tech email. Customer service wasn’t great at all. Basically they said I had to drive into town and ship it back to them, they would “evaluate” it and send me another. All the while I’m out $125 and no rear sight to use.. I rarely have gun part related problems because I buy top shelf components for everything, but the few problems I’ve had, I mention the problem and usually I get a replacement part overnighted or 2 day shipping no hassle. Anyway I’m bummed out, they couldn’t send a replacement sight with the photo proof I sent them, and proof of purchase. I think the only other comparable sight is the kac micros, which I might have to look into..

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Also the rear sight set screw was missing, fortunately I work at a machine shop. It’s a 10-32 NF set screw 1/2in long, if anyone is missing there’s, your local hardware store might have it. Just trying to think, of all the ar15 accessories, none of them use a steel set screw on aluminum to secure themselves.. they all use some type of clamp system unless I’m missing something? The set screw thing is a fail from an design standpoint I think.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Over the past year I’ve had customer service interactions with Leupold, American defense, apex tactical, snap on tools and my favorite one Bak industries, bak is a large maker of tonneau covers. I got one for my new f150, and it showed up with a big dent. Emailed them a picture and they sent a replacement no questions asked.. that’s a $900 cover they shipped to me over an email.. I still think the cover isn’t worth $900 but that’s a one heck of a customer service department... a $60 sight tho? Yes we want to fight you on that hahaha

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I was shopping pistol silencers I talked to Chip at (closed now) Cascade Arsenal. When I mentioned Griffin Armament he said he won't sell their stuff, customer service is awful! Too bad, sounds like he was right, their offset sights looked pretty good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:09 pm

They have some interesting designs, I was thinking about the M2 offset sights for another rifle and possibly one of there’s suppressors. However I won’t be buying anymore of there products, kind of sad because I think the firearms industry in general has great customer service and support.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

When GA first started up they were one of our first sponsor FFLs. This is when they just started getting into suppressors and flash hiders. They were here Active for a bit, then faded away after a year or so.

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have two griffin cans, a Recce7 and a Rev9. They’re well made and I’m happy with the performance.

On the other hand I haven’t had to interact with customer service. From what I have seen on other sites they feel like we are lucky to own their products. Being busy is never a valid excuse for poor customer service in my view, they have no problem with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:39 pm

Maybe since you purchased a higher value item they might invest more time in resolving any issues you have in the future.. the problem for them is a lot of people who buy a lower value item like say a set of sights, charging handle or compensator, will later on buy a more expensive item from them if they have a good experience. Suppressors, or one of there new rifles.. just business 101

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]