Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Renton Fish and Game 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a pretty cool tempered guy. I was talked down too a number of times by the RSO Glen I think his name was and his side kick in the office (I think it was the gal from Debbie does Dallas current age)

I got yelled at and talked down to for not asking questions on where to set up my pistol targets (which I did) If the RSO wasn't sitting on his fat ass in the office and actually being an RSO there would not of been an understanding.

When I went into the office to ask them some questions before I moved to the rifle range I was told by the girl working in there to "take your shooting glasses off so I could see you) That was all I could take. I told them to keep their money I gave them and left.

It is possible to run a successful business and not talk down to people. Fucking assholes

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cosme9242 wrote:
I'm a pretty cool tempered guy. I was talked down too a number of times by the RSO Glen I think his name was and his side kick in the office (I think it was the gal from Debbie does Dallas current age)

I got yelled at and talked down to for not asking questions on where to set up my pistol targets (which I did) If the RSO wasn't sitting on his fat ass in the office and actually being an RSO there would not of been an understanding.

When I went into the office to ask them some questions before I moved to the rifle range I was told by the girl working in there to "take your shooting glasses off so I could see you) That was all I could take. I told them to keep their money I gave them and left.

It is possible to run a successful business and not talk down to people. Fucking assholes

God damn, that sucks. For years I have wondered how the gun industry will survive with people like this. I try to think they are the exception..... But I have had similar (not as bad as yours) experiences at Kenmore, Wades, Norpoint. The only place I ever went where I truly felt welcome (with the exception of private access ranges) was Sam's in Everett. After Sam died though the place went to shit.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was accused a number of times of not watching the safety video (which I did in my car right before I walked in)

I got yelled at and talked down to by an RSO named Glen I believe because when I went over to the rifle range the only guy shooting there asked if I wanted to call a cease to set up my target and of course I said yes so I went to set my bags down at my bench before I walked out to the range and that when the guy went ape shit on me.

The lady telling me to remove my shooting glasses when I was talking to her was the last straw. At no point did I flip them attitude to deserve being talked to like that.

Its obvious that those two working the pistol rifle range hate their lives and are miserable people

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I really like RSOs and the Range Master.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cosme9242 wrote:

I got yelled at and talked down to by an RSO named Glen I believe because when I went over to the rifle range the only guy shooting there asked if I wanted to call a cease to set up my target and of course I said yes so I went to set my bags down at my bench before I walked out to the range and that when the guy went ape shit on me.

What did they accuse you of doing?

Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any chance you agreed to a cease fire then went forward of the line?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I walked over to the rifle range and as I was standing behind the line the one guy shooting asked me if I wanted a cease fire to set up my targets and I said sure.

The red light was on and I picked up my bags including my case with my AR in it and walked toward the bench to set my bags down before walking out to set up my targets and that's when the guy came out from the back and lost his shit.

When I walked into the office the lady in there not only raised her voice at me as I was very calm and just wanted clarification but when she told me to take off my glasses when I was talking to her that was crossing the line.

So I told them to keep their money and I left.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cosme9242 wrote:
The red light was on and I picked up my bags including my case with my AR in it and walked toward the bench to set my bags down before walking out to set up my targets and that's when the guy came out from the back and lost his shit.

The red light was on, no touching your gear, no approaching your bench, no being forward of the line.
You said you watched the video but apparently you didn't pay attention to any of it. Frankly I'd rather have people get worked up about safety rules at a range than have someone fiddling at their shooting station while I'm down range.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fungunnin wrote:
cosme9242 wrote:

The red light was on, no touching your gear, no approaching your bench, no being forward of the line.
You said you watched the video but apparently you didn't pay attention to any of it. Frankly I'd rather have people get worked up about safety rules at a range than have someone fiddling at their shooting station while I'm down range.

Mic drop.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
I really like RSOs and the Range Master.

I do too. Follow the rules in the video and there won't be any issues.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have mixed feelings about this.

First, I feel safe when I'm at RFGC. I know the RSOs are watching carefully, and they don't tolerate any rule-breaking. Too many shooters get way too casual with safety rules and gun handling, and I appreciate that RFGC doesn't allow that.

However, the reaction when a rule is broken is often, well, WAY over the top. This leads to exactly what you see in this thread, shooters like cosme9242 who not only won't go back, but go out and spread the work that RFGC isn't a good place to go. I think a gentler approach from the RSOs would still achieve the objective, but keep people coming back.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:08 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Same reason why everyone got to hating Kenmore when Roy was the range master. Strict on rules is fine but no one needs to be a dick to guests.

Fyi guys Kenmore has young rso's working there now. Much nicer place to shoot

Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RSO rule: people don't behave the way you expect, you get the behavior you *inspect*.
Also,
When it comes to firearm safety, learning from your mistakes is not a sustainable strategy.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the reason people go to the woods. range Nazi's on a power trip

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ops wrote:
the reason people go to the woods. range Nazi's on a power trip

The "woods" keep getting further and further away. :crybaby:

Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next