Switch to full style
Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

I5 guns

Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:13 pm

So I'm going to tell you my opinion of I5 guns. Now don't get me wrong I'll shop there more,but the one guy that they have as a counter salesman,he has the personality of a pile of dog crap. Chester was there helping another customer so I got the other guy. I seriously don't think he said more than 5 words to me. I know I didn't get my lowers through them,but for a little bit of paperwork they still made decent money. He just treated me....I felt... Like I was such a inconvieice to his day. Like I said though,I will continue to do buisiness with them,but I won't deal with the big heavy set bald guy.

Re: I5 guns

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:55 pm

When did mash man start moonlighting at I5?

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Scvette wrote:So I'm going to tell you my opinion of I5 guns. Now don't get me wrong I'll shop there more,but the one guy that they have as a counter salesman,he has the personality of a pile of dog crap. Chester was there helping another customer so I got the other guy. I seriously don't think he said more than 5 words to me. I know I didn't get my lowers through them,but for a little bit of paperwork they still made decent money. He just treated me....I felt... Like I was such a inconvieice to his day. Like I said though,I will continue to do buisiness with them,but I won't deal with the big heavy set bald guy.

Funny, I had the same experience with that guy. I went in there recently to see if they had anything interesting there since I had never been in before. They hardly had any guns for sale there and the customer service sucks, not going back. I'll drive from down south to Bonney Lake and buy from Brad's, He may not have much either but he can order anything for a great price and good customer service.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Richard7944 wrote:
Scvette wrote:So I'm going to tell you my opinion of I5 guns. Now don't get me wrong I'll shop there more,but the one guy that they have as a counter salesman,he has the personality of a pile of dog crap. Chester was there helping another customer so I got the other guy. I seriously don't think he said more than 5 words to me. I know I didn't get my lowers through them,but for a little bit of paperwork they still made decent money. He just treated me....I felt... Like I was such a inconvieice to his day. Like I said though,I will continue to do buisiness with them,but I won't deal with the big heavy set bald guy.

Funny, I had the same experience with that guy. I went in there recently to see if they had anything interesting there since I had never been in before. They hardly had any guns for sale there and the customer service sucks, not going back. I'll drive from down south to Bonney Lake and buy from Brad's, He may not have much either but he can order anything for a great price and good customer service.

Glad to hear it isn't just me. There old location everyone there was friendly,asked if I needed help as soon as I walked in,not that big guy,he just had a pissy attitude. I don't think I'll go there again,there's another shop just down from them that has more stuff and friendly people working there,I haven't been in there new store yet...but I will go there when I get home.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Bummer to hear that, always had a good experience there but haven't been to their new place.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Chester did a great job on installing my adjustable rear sight on my Beretta 92A1.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 am

I hear what you guys are saying. The big guy at I5 guns has the personality of a wet rock, but heck I don't go there to make friends (I have enough of those) or to discuss current events (that's what this forum is for). I have only bought a few nick-knacks there and done two transfers. The transactions have always been smooth and the price has been right. Chester was very responsive and helpful when I had questions and was very professional. I also like to support a local (former military) gun shop. I will continue buying from them and recommend them t my friends.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:02 am

Chester IS I-5 Guns - the place exists because of him, as far as I am concerned.

I will continue to support them as a result.

He is an invaluable asset to the firearms community.

All you gotta do is ask for Chester, and refuse to work with Mister Poopey Head. Easy squeazy Japaneesie.

If you don't raise your concerns with the store manager, you are not promoting positive change.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:32 pm

I'll give Tom the owner a :plusone:

Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:45 pm

I’ve traveled to their place a few times just because of Chester and Tom. Always got some great deals on guns and ammo. I do wish they would have a shop closer.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:28 pm

I have always had good transactions with I-5, and they are my go-to shop for FFL transfers.

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:30 pm

I went in there twice and both times had a handgun pointed at me by a clerk. Bad juju in there. Never again

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 pm

They have been good to me with every dealing Ive had in there.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Capn Blood wrote:I went in there twice and both times had a handgun pointed at me by a clerk. Bad juju in there. Never again

When and who? A description works too, there are only a few of us there now. PM me if you don't want, but feel free to state it publicly. Even if it was me that was being that damn stupid. It's something we need to fix like right effing now.

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Unicorn wrote:
Capn Blood wrote:I went in there twice and both times had a handgun pointed at me by a clerk. Bad juju in there. Never again

When and who? A description works too, there are only a few of us there now. PM me if you don't want, but feel free to state it publicly. Even if it was me that was being that damn stupid. It's something we need to fix like right effing now.

Two middle aged white guys, different guys each time. This was years ago and cost you my patronage. Once my wife was standing right beside me and saw it as well because it was the Shield .40 she had just handled. The other time my buddy was with me, I bought a Gunfighter charging handle and the clerk pointed a .44 derringer right at me as he took it back from another customer
Post a reply