Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bushmaster sucks 

I had a Bushmaster two stage trigger that crapped out after quite a few rounds. After it became clear they weren't going to fix it, I tried to get them to recomend a new trigger with a better warranty.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck so far:

I have a Bushmaster Competition trigger in a Bushmaster lower that stopped working (heavy pull, no reset). I tried adjusting it with the instructions, but had no luck. Does this have a warranty or is there some way to get it fixed?

Thanks,

"Me"

Please provide your serial number so that we can verify the warranty status on your rifle.

Thank you and best regards,
Bushmaster Consumer Services

Serial is XXXXXXX: Pretty sure the warranty is long gone...

"Me"

You would be correct on the warranty information. We no longer offer that competition trigger so you would have to look at a replacement. The current trigger that is used in the Predator and Varmint models is the newer 2-stage trigger.

I think with no options available to fix this one, I'm going to run (not walk) in a different direction.

Thanks, "Me"

I was looking at a few triggers that are similar to my broken Bushmaster trigger, but have better warranties. Do you know which one would have the closest feel to my old Bushmaster?

https://geissele.com/geissele-2-stage-trigger.html

http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger

Thanks, "Me"

Neither of those triggers are going to have the same feel as your factory Bushmaster trigger because they are 2-stage triggers and your Bushmaster trigger is a single stage trigger. Look around for a single stage trigger.

My Bushmaster trigger was a two stage, here's a picture.

Thanks, "Me"

Last edited by sreyemj on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wait...so you have an old, well used trigger that's out of warranty and are upset they didn't fix or replace it?

And you're upset that when you throw some snark at them about running in a different direction and then come back and ask for advice, they don't recommend a competitor's product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:29 pm

edogg wrote:
Wait...so you have an old, well used trigger that's out of warranty and are upset they didn't fix or replace it?

A little, yes. The trigger still looks fine and could probably be fixed quite easily (I don't have the knowledge to work on triggers).

Bushmaster has a 1 year warranty. 15 years ago that was probably ok, but there are MANY better options available now. I don't mind paying them to fix it, but there's no way I would buy another.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:

And you're upset that when you throw some snark at them about running in a different direction and then come back and ask for advice, they don't recommend a competitor's product?

:ROFLMAO:

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's pretty rare to break a trigger, but you simply can't be mad at a company for not replacing a part past the warranty period.

Bushmaster is part of Freedom Group, don't expect a whole lot of white glove service and free work.

I would have approached it a bit differently, not saying I would have had a different result of course.

"Hey Bushmaster, I bought my {model} rifle back in {year} and I really love it. I'm pretty sure it's past warranty but the trigger stopped working. Is there any chance I could get a replacement from old stock or maybe a newer one at cost? Thanks in advance for your help."

It's not being a wuss or kiss-ass to be nice to someone/a company you're trying to get favorable treatment from.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:49 pm

hkcavalier wrote:
Bushmaster is part of Freedom Group, don't expect a whole lot of white glove service and free work.

Yeah, I expected them to be completely disinterested. To be clear, I didn't mind paying for them to fix it but that wasn't offered.

After messing with it for a bit, I think the spring plunger might have been seized. I put some oil in it and worked it a few times and it seems to be working itself out.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
It's pretty rare to break a trigger, but you simply can't be mad at a company for not replacing a part past the warranty period.

I would have approached it a bit differently, not saying I would have had a different result of course.

"Hey Bushmaster, I bought my {model} rifle back in {year} and I really love it. I'm pretty sure it's past warranty but the trigger stopped working. Is there any chance I could get a replacement from old stock or maybe a newer one at cost? Thanks in advance for your help."

It's not being a wuss or kiss-ass to be nice to someone/a company you're trying to get favorable treatment from.

Yup, this is an excellent approach.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:28 pm

edogg wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

That's pretty much what I asked in my first email (see OP). Just be aware that Bushmaster products will not be supported past the one year warranty.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:
edogg wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:

That's pretty much what I asked in my first email (see OP). Just be aware that Bushmaster products will not be supported past the one year warranty.

Pretty much...I just added a little more sugar. Give them some favorable options rather than just ask, "what happens now?"

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 am

Guisslee or any other trigger is going to be miles ahead of the shrubmaster

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:50 pm

Mediumrarechicken wrote:

I had a spare MBT from their last sale, great trigger for sure.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:25 pm

sreyemj wrote:
Mediumrarechicken wrote:

I had a spare MBT from their last sale, great trigger for sure.

Been thinking of picking one up since they are 99 bucks now. I just like to feel a trigger before I buy it

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:06 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 for geissele

Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Can't go wrong with a Geissele or LaRue for two stage. If you want to try different triggers Rainier Arms has a bunch of the quality aftermarket triggers on the shelves to try. They're in trigger fixtures with a grip attached, not complete lowers. They don't have the LaRue.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Forgive me for being honest but if you are able to fix the problem with some oil and "working it out". perhaps it's not Bushmaster that sucks but your maintenance. It's not just the barrel and BCG that need cleaning regularly on an AR. Some regular attention to the FCG helps as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next