Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Cabelas in Lacey (updated) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

(updated on page 3)

I usually avoid the box stores if possible.

This time I met a fellow Wagunner in the parking lot for some reloading supplies. I thought while was there I would pick up some primers since they had S&B primers for $20 a box/1000.

I put a few boxes of primers in my cart. I picked up a set of dies. I got another plate for my LnL and a couple sets of bushings since the Hornady stuff was 15 percent off. Then I seen 12G trap loads for $50 a case/250, put a few of those in my cart. Noticed 22LR for $30 a brick, tossed in a few of those too. Had some other reloading supplies in there to.

All in all about $400 in merchandise.

I asked a fellow in the gun section if they had more primers anywhere in back since I got the last 3 LP boxes. He said they most likely had some in "the warehouse" and would go get me some.

SO while he was gone, I played with the safes, checked out the gun library, tooled around for along time. After 25 minutes I noticed there were about 5 other frustrated looking folks wandering/hovering around the counter too. There were a couple gals doing gun transfers that were not very busy. The two gun counter guys were busy jacking their jaw with anyone that had a number to fondle guns.

I asked one of the gals if they could help me. Response, "sorry I only do transfers" and then she went back to doing NOTHING.
Finally after awhile longer I asked if I should fill out a missing persons report for the old fellow that went to the "warehouse" 35 minutes prior. Counter person was not amused.

I live an hour away and would not have waited even half this long normally but the thought of $20 primers had me hanging around.

I finally gave up and left the cart full and went home.

On the way out I stopped by customer service thinking maybe someone would care. I explained I left $400 in potential sales in a cart and was leaving over frustrations trying to get some help.

He waved and said "THANKS FOR SHOPPING AT CABELAS"......

Fuck those jokers, back to the small local shop and Amazon.

Last edited by Old Growth on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 31, 2017 4:25 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I thought the missing persons report part was funny . . . but the rest of it was pretty sad. :(

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed May 31, 2017 6:21 pm

I went into the C store to get my tags and my special draw tickets. They sell the Fish And Wildlife stuff at the customer service counter. I asked about getting the Hunting flyer since I needed one to go over the special hunts that I was planning on purchasing the tickets for. The moron running the counter stated that the flyers wre not out yet. I then asked him how can you NOT have the flyers when the draws are at the end of this week? He stated that the flyer had not changed adn the new one was not out till June. Then very loudly so everyone in the area coul hear i stated how can you sell the hunting lisences and draw tickets without having the fliers so people can look up what hunts they want to put in for and how can you NOT have them when Hammer's just down the street has had them for three weeks. Retards

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hartcreek wrote:
I went into the C store to get my tags and my special draw tickets. They sell the Fish And Wildlife stuff at the customer service counter. I asked about getting the Hunting flyer since I needed one to go over the special hunts that I was planning on purchasing the tickets for. The moron running the counter stated that the flyers wre not out yet. I then asked him how can you NOT have the flyers when the draws are at the end of this week? He stated that the flyer had not changed adn the new one was not out till June. Then very loudly so everyone in the area coul hear i stated how can you sell the hunting lisences and draw tickets without having the fliers so people can look up what hunts they want to put in for and how can you NOT have them when Hammer's just down the street has had them for three weeks. Retards

The regs are ALWAYS posted long before they're printed and distributed. I do remember times when printing was delayed. Not sure about this year. http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01903/wdfw01903.pdf

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cabela's customer service is the worst. I spent weeks trying to make good on their warranty once and in the end they basically told me to fuck off. Any chance I get I chase business away from those bastards

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:44 pm

Yeah, that's how they are. I spent 15 tense minutes with the greeter waiting for a customer service dodo to show up to the desk. The greeter was very apologetic that he couldn't help me. 15 minutes is a long time of making awkward conversation.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I recently bought a rifle there and three different people went above and beyond to help me out. I have never had a bad experience there. Sorry to hear you had a bad one.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I worked with a lot of great people the 3.5 yrs I worked there (part-time). Unfortunately, just like every other job I've ever had, there are/were a few that sucked at customer service.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everytime I ask one of the managers if we can do something for a customer, and I can come up with a half assed reason I've gotten the OK. Today a guy came in to buy a Nightforce wanting the home town heroes discount May 20th & 21st. His reason was that all the gift cards (electronic) didn't get to him until after the sale. I got the OK for the 10% discount. As I was checking him out I asked what he did, fire/ems/mil/police. Uh, I don't have any 1st responder background. :facepalm2: I still gave him %5 to get the price down to the $1200 in gift cards he had.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I must be one of he lucky ones. I've had great service each time I've purchased a firearm there.
That may be because Chuck was off those days :)

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ive had great experience there also. Buying fudge or firearms. One on one service at the fudge counter. One on one service for the gun buying process.

I think that was the problem, too busy trying to sell guns when I was spending just as much on reloading supplies. There is never anyone that knows anything about reloading either.

Every place has its good and bad days. Ive been there both times.

I just wanted to rant/vent.

Next time Im going to ask the fudge girl for primers!

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reloading section always needs help. Trying to get management to realize people who reload are serious consumers and need to be catered to is a tough sell that falls on deaf ears.

Heck, if archery can have 3 dedicated staff why not reloading?

Pretty much the best bet is to get the gun library guys to help is way more productive than him counter/NICS people.

If you want special attention tell a manager you might sign up for club if you can get some service then watch the dance.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never saw a gun there I wanted, for the price. Sure, they had a nice early 29-2 in there once, but wanted $1900 for it...

Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:35 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

The Gun Library will price used guns accordingly based on the current Gun Values Bible and how long it's been sitting on the shelf.
Chuck walked me over with a rifle I wanted from the used rack and they looked up the value to compare with what I was offering. I walked on it, then they came back with offering me reloading supplies for the rifle and small drop in price. That's the only gun I've bought from Cabela's.

Sometimes you have to shop a used gun like a vehicle from a dealer.

In my early years of guns I was at a Cabela's in IL with my FL DL and wanted to handle some pistols. I was shopping for my first gun. The dude spent a good hour with me knowing that I could not buy a pistol. That's customer service.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:

In my early years of guns I was at a Cabela's in IL with my FL DL and wanted to handle some pistols. I was shopping for my first gun. The dude spent a good hour with me knowing that I could not buy a pistol. That's customer service.

Thats part of the problem.

During that time 8 other actual customers most likely did not receive the same service while actually spending money on retail items.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next