Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Cabelas in Lacey (updated) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The operating costs on a store that big are tremendous and should not be overlooked when considering their profit margins/mark-up on products. There's also a lot of risk in the retail industry. That's all built into the prices listed on the shelf. Plus, there's always a premium paid for having a wide selection to choose from and (usually) plentiful inventory in stock. Put simply, the sticker shock shouldn't be shocking at all. That being said, I don't shop there often because I'm usually pretty patient, and I almost always find a better deal somewhere else.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
The operating costs on a store that big are tremendous and should not be overlooked when considering their profit margins/mark-up on products. Not our problem. There's also a lot of risk in the retail industry. Again, not our problem. That's all built into the prices listed on the shelf. Plus, there's always a premium paid for having a wide selection to choose from and (usually) plentiful inventory in stock. Put simply, the sticker shock shouldn't be shocking at all. That being said, I don't shop there often because I'm usually pretty patient, and I almost always find a better deal somewhere else.

You make it sound like some of the car lots I've been to. "Um, we're into it more than we should be so we really can't come down on the price."
or at the gun show, "I gotta make a profit."

Quote:
That being said, I don't shop there often because I'm usually pretty patient, and I almost always find a better deal somewhere else.

This pretty much covers it.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
The operating costs on a store that big are tremendous and should not be overlooked when considering their profit margins/mark-up on products. Not our problem. There's also a lot of risk in the retail industry. Again, not our problem. That's all built into the prices listed on the shelf. Plus, there's always a premium paid for having a wide selection to choose from and (usually) plentiful inventory in stock. Put simply, the sticker shock shouldn't be shocking at all. That being said, I don't shop there often because I'm usually pretty patient, and I almost always find a better deal somewhere else.

You make it sound like some of the car lots I've been to. "Um, we're into it more than we should be so we really can't come down on the price."
or at the gun show, "I gotta make a profit."

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Do you think Cabela's is a non-profit organization or something?

Assuming you correctly answered "no" to that question, then you surely understand that it's not about their or your "problem", it's about economics. The economics of running a store like Cabela's dictate that they will charge a premium on their items in order to stay profitable. Not only that, but they're publicly traded, so they're obligated to generate a return on investment for shareholders. And if you look at the increase in share value over the past decade, they're delivering. There is obviously value in what they do or they wouldn't stay open - regardless of whether you personally recognize that value.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got home from Lacey Cabela's about an hour ago and they have a new system for the gun counter. You go check in with the person with a tablet, or scan a picture and they text you to let you know where you are in line (or there is a monitor over by the NICS cash registers). They were very busy! Took my S&W 638 w/CT in to the Gun Library see what it's worth and what they'd give me. Said on their "Used Firearm Appraisal Form": Retail=$450; They'll buy it for $300. FYI, I'll be posting it later with pictures and what I'm selling it with (that they wouldn't/couldn't buy anyway).

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just an update,

I went in tonight for a case of shotgun shells and was overwhelmingly met with tons of happy helpful folks.

While looking at some unpriced boxes a fellow came by and asked if I needed anything. I asked him if he could scan the mystery boxes. No problem, he even printed out a tags and marked the rest of them on the shelf on the spot.

He then asked how our visit was. I told him we had tons of offers for help unlike the last time I was there a few weeks back. He asked about the past problem. I told him what happened and he asked if he could make it right.

Most of the stuff I had intended to buy a last time was not on sale anymore. He went ahead and adjusted all the prices to meet the prior sale prices. He even went and got primers out of the warehouse quickly without getting lost! The fellows name was Jesse. Nice guy.

It was a much more pleasant experience. Of course we visited the fudge girl on the way out.

I went and looked for Chuck but he had gone home already.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chasehooks wrote:
I just got home from Lacey Cabela's about an hour ago.

We musta crossed paths at one time or another! I was there during the same time.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:24 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

They close at 8pm on weekdays? Ugh....I drove all the way for nothing. At least it was a nice drive. People have lives to get to outside of work? You mean you're not open from 6am-10pm????

I really need to work on my societal expectations.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just took 0.7 of an hour vacation this morning to be there at 9:04 am to put an XDE on layaway. It took 21 minutes from the time I got out of my car til I got back in. I figured I'd rather do that then hit rush hour traffic at 5pm and the wait when it was busier.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:20 pm

I had a very positive experience at the Lacey Cabela's. They were having a sale for a scope and a free one piece mount. I went in and bought the scope, only to learn that I had to send off for the mount. I told the employee at the gun counter how disappointing it was. He went ahead and substituted a similar mount they had in stock, but it wasn't high enough to keep my scope off the upper receiver. We went through about three different mounts until we found one that worked, it was the Burris PEPR. The PEPR was twice the cost of the free one so he just discounted the value of the free one from the PEPR. Dude worked with me for over an hour trying to find the right mount and made sure I was completely satisfied before I left.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RKC wrote:
I had a very positive experience at the Lacey Cabela's. They were having a sale for a scope and a free one piece mount. I went in and bought the scope, only to learn that I had to send off for the mount. I told the employee at the gun counter how disappointing it was. He went ahead and substituted a similar mount they had in stock, but it wasn't high enough to keep my scope off the upper receiver. We went through about three different mounts until we found one that worked, it was the Burris PEPR. The PEPR was twice the cost of the free one so he just discounted the value of the free one from the PEPR. Dude worked with me for over an hour trying to find the right mount and made sure I was completely satisfied before I left.

Thank you for the kind words.
As an outfitter I know most of my fellow outfitters try to help the customer out. Sometimes our hands are tied. I ask all vets to give their outfitter a "5" on the survey, but let them know that the discontinuation of the military discount for guns, & ammo sucks.
The other day a customer just whined about not getting any help. It took me a minute to get him to shut up, and for him to tell me what he wanted. Well now that I got you to tell me what you wanted, I was able to get him what he wanted. Talk to us like a human being, you can get a lot of leeway. We are humans. Treat us like shit, you will get .....shit.

Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was just recently here with my family. The positive is they have the best animals up for display for the kids to enjoy! Otherwise the service is pretty bad for sure. But those animals and taxidermy displays 5/5 stars for sure

Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a pretty good experience there back in October 2017. Bought a Shield PC 9mm, but didnt have a CPL at the time and had to wait 10 days (ended up being closer to 25 days). When I had originally purchased it (had to put in layaway cause I couldn't leave with it at the time and would just pay it off after the 10 days), it came with a $75 gift card. Customer service there had no issues honoring it. Would buy from there again if I see another deal.

At least I have my CPL now so I can walk out with my purchase next time :thumbsup2:

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:54 am

3584ELK wrote:
Poor people usually have poor ways with money. Sometimes it is just a lack of understanding how the world works.

Wait till you see a poor guy who comes into money. I've never seen anything more amazing, the guy I knew mastered the art of losing money like crazy and buying high and selling low

As to Cabelas Yeah a few clerks are chuckleheads and the reloading area never has enough bullets but most of the ammo is now reasonably priced for a retail store and it's a good place to check out the feel of common handguns you might be considering. I've even bought a few there

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:43 pm

My wife and I went to about every gun shop in the area and made it up to this pile of ass hats. The wait in line with a number was new to me. Never heard of that before. Then, the uninterested person that wasted our time was of no help what so ever. We both bought new deer rifles and scopes this month. (it has been a magical Christmas indeed) We just did not buy them from Cabelas in Lacey. They missed out on over $2000.00 worth of business. I cannot tell you how glad I am that my wife and I decided to go back into East County Guns in Centralia. Those guys are the best. Worth the trip, every time.

"I doubt I'm right, this is just what I know so far"

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Iono why people talk about X amount of sales like it really means anything.

Margins on firearms are shit (unless you are Wades). It's the accessories that bring the money.

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next