Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Skagit Arms New building 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I went to Skagit arms because they opened their new building this week and I needed some ammo for a shooting trip tomorrow. When you walk in the place is huge and you are not cramped in like the old and smaller building and they do seam to have a large selection. I looked around and for the ammo I was looking at most was a few bucks more than the Skagit Shooting Range but not out of line. As I looked around I saw they had all the models of Vortex red dots that I have been looking at. I thought this was great because I could handle each one to see the one I wanted to take home even though they were around $50 more than online with shipping, but at least I could mount it and go shooting with it tomorrow. Or so I thought, i stood at the counter and I stood at the counter and I stood at the counter. I was even leaning and looking, most people would get that this was a sign a customer was interested in something as long as I stood there and looking over their counter. To the left of me was a guy behind the counter just bs`ing with some guy to my right was the guy behind the counter talking to some guy about his hunting trip with his father. Finally I got tired of waiting and walked over to a display of some 9mm brass Blazzer they had on sale and went to the register. The guy who took my money was looking around at the guys standing around and made the remark "why aren`t they helping people instead of visiting, oh well not my store" At least the guy at the register caught one of the workers walking by and asked if there were any more workers in the break room because people needed help and people were not helping people. Overall the new place is nice prices are not the best but not the worst but service SUCKS.

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is a nice big store. At first I was bummed because I didn't see any of the used guns out on the floor. Everything was behind the counter. Then I checked and the old store front is still full and that is where the used stuff is.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the honest review. I stopped by the first day of the soft opening. Like you said, still good for convenience shopping but beyond that they have room to improve. I will say if you ask them they will help you.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]