Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 TACPACK – A GEAR SUBSCRIPTION, FOR US. 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Box #2 for me arrived today. It included:

A NineLine shirt that says "Ammosexual." I like NineLine stuff usually and it's the right size, so I'm good with it.

A trauma tourniquet by Sawtooth. I can always use another tourniquet in a gear bag, so ok.

A weird aluminum "wallet". Why?? Not sure I'll ever use this, but ok...

A survival tool that includes a flint, scraping tool and knife sharpener. Also, not a bad little kit to add to a gear bag or BOB.

And a sticker.

Is it worth $50? No.

Am I a sucker who will end up going one more month to find out I'm being ripped off? Probably.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:53 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup, mine came today as well.... I don't know but out of the 3 TacPacks I have gotten, I like this one the best. I have a place for all of those items, and will try the wallet thing for a bit, see how well it forms to my left ass cheek.

I was hoping to cancel this month, but now I guess I'll stay aboard the train for another month.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Box #3 for me came today. Probably my favorite/most useful yet. It had a pretty slick cleaning kit in Coyote Brown with molle straps. Also, some 6" splatter targets, Armaspec Titanium takedown pins, a "mini duct tape holder" and a "nano wrench."

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dammit.. SPOILER ALERT lol. Mine is in my PO Box and I didn't go into town after the mail came.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Box 2 arrived on Saturday. Here is what's inside.

First thing was this weird multi-tool from North Shore Kustoms, called the equalizer. Part Brass Aluminum knuckle, part bottle opener, part... not sure? It's valued at $55 bucks, so maybe it does something useful too?

Next up is a Muzzle Break from Bull Moose Tactical. It's a brake, just like any other brake I would assume. It's got some cool porting and stuff, all of my 5.56 stuff prefers to play suppressed, this one will probably end up in a parts box, or a future PIF. It's valued at $60 though.

Next in the box is actually something pretty cool. At first I was like, oh goodie, a bundle of paracord to add to my growing pile of paracord.. But then, I started reading. This is not just any cordage, this cordage is also a fire starter. Provided from Live Fire, this is called the Fire Cord. Un weave the cordage and woven into it is a tinder strand that you can use to get s fire going! Valued at $13.00, this will go in my BOB.

Also included, and in the Paracord department was this nifty tool from 5col called the Spool Tool. This little jig is pretty slick. Will hold a good amount of paracord, has a built-in cutter and BIC lighter holder and different gauged holes for threading and burning. I'll probably also use this in my BOB with some cordage that's in there looking like a rats nest. Valued at $23.00 and currently SOLD OUT.

Last but not least, TacPack finally got a patch. While this isn't one that you would probably run on your gun or proudly display on your condor tactical elite jacket, a patch is a patch and patches are cool. It will be displayed proudly on the patch wall I have planned.

So, they say this box has a value of $115, but was purchased for the low price of $50. To me this box was worth $36 for the paracord stuff and the other items are just trade/pif fodder.

I'm still in this for a couple more months at least, or at the most... next month we will see.

In for the Equalizer......[emoji854]

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:12 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Sorry Dan! I'll try to remember to use the "spoiler" feature in the future...

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:12 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well crap. I got the shipping notification that my TacPack was inbound and it reminded me I should cancel this thing. I said "Self, let's see what's in this one and then we will cancel!"

Well it came, and shit if I am not impressed. This month has some cool offerings.

20oz tumbler from Line Nine Apperal
Anti-Walk Pins from Armaspec
Pretty cool side folder from ABKT
Kevlar rail "Rap" from BurnProofGear

"Self, I thinks we should keep this box a coming".

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
DGM33 wrote:
Got my TacPac. I'm trying to figure out what the hell the weird hunk of metal is for??? I even looked on their website and it didn't help. They call it an "equalizer." But what does it do????

Exactly! It's part alum. knuckle, part bottle opener, part.... What the hell is that groove in the top? :bonghit:

The grooves look like they are for ergonimics when it is in Alum Knuckle mode. Looks like a great PIF (Punch IN FACE!!!)

Divided we fall.

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
DGM33 wrote:
Got my TacPac. I'm trying to figure out what the hell the weird hunk of metal is for??? I even looked on their website and it didn't help. They call it an "equalizer." But what does it do????

Exactly! It's part alum. knuckle, part bottle opener, part.... What the hell is that groove in the top? :bonghit:

The grooves look like they are for ergonimics when it is in Alum Knuckle mode. Looks like a great PIF (Punch IN FACE!!!)

I'm guessing he's talking about the groove on the edge you cannot see in his picture. My guess is it is there to accommodate the lanyard line so you can wrap the thing around your fist.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2