Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bladetech warranty and CS 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Subject: Warranty issue

Hello, I have a BT holster that was made before your move from Puyallup. The holster has a thumb retention strap. which has broken. Is there hope for repair?

With appreciation for your time and best regards,

jukk0u"

Response:

Warranty issue
Good Morning Jim,

We do apologize (Uh, oh. This doesn't bode well) for the inconvenience. We no longer manufacture the thumb retention straps. Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Thank you,

Samantha
Customer Service
orders@blade-tech.com

icon_eek

To which I replied:

Good morning, Samantha,
I do appreciate the quick reply.
In review, apparently, not so simple:

"We offer a Lifetime Hardware Replacement Guarantee for all your Blade-Tech gear. If you lose any hardware (for any reason) we will ship you out replacement hardware immediately. You’ll just need to cover the shipping and handling... it’s that simple."

For your time, anyway, thank you.
jukk0u"

Lifetime, hunh?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yeah... well, I guess they're off the hook:

"jukkey

We do apologize for the for any confusion. Our Lifetime warranty did not go into effect until 2018. This holster was produced prior to this date - 2013 - and was limited to a one year warranty.

Please let us know if we can further assist you.

Samantha"

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:46 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Game, set, match!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:48 am

Oh damn, they gotcha there.

Where you using this for the G21? I'd strongly suggest an offering from Safariland to replace.

SLS and/or ALS are so much better than thumbreaks.

Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, newer technology... us old guys paved the way for the nice things you whippersnappers have now. Why in my day I'd strap a white onion to my belt because the war was on and you couldn't get yellow onions ( and it was the style at the time)...

I think I'm going to cut up the side wall of an old tire and remake it myself. Just need a snap and pliers.
The holster probably would have decent retention even without the break.

FJB

Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:03 pm

Sounds like something Abe Simpson said!

Yeah, I used thumbreak holsters too, years ago. With 1911s, then Glocks.

Quickly realized I didnt like 'em for Glocks though.

ALS holsters in the 7ts range are cheap, if you're not running an optic. I have one for G17, 40 bucks, and 15 for the mid ride UBL. Thing is secure, but wicked fast.

Only reason I've been running that Modified 6280 you might've seen on my belt at the shoot is because ALS holsters for optic equipped guns are stupid expensive, and impossible to find in non-light bearing variety.

SLS on that 6280 is still pretty fast, faster than a thumbreak, and way easier to secure when reholstering.

Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's 10 years old, and thumb breaks have gone the way of the Dinosaur Jim. Pry open that Wallet and get a retention Holster without a Thumb break. You can even adjust the retention with the newfangled ones, and I'm sure you can get an Onion holder for your weak side.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]