Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Mp molds 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let me preface this by saying that I try my damnedest to buy American. I’ve gone without because what I wanted was only made in china. That said…. I recently got back into casting my own bullets. I did it years ago (25+) but then a divorce and moving into an apartment put a stop to that. With this last reloading supply shortage I decided to start again. I did my research and thought Lee would be a good starter mold. Found a couple used on eBay. Got them in the mail and started casting. For what they were they did ok. But, after about 20 bullets or so I’d start to get frosted bullets. Turned down the temperature did more research and the only thing that changed was bullet quality. Then I discovered MP molds in Slovakia. Molds are made of brass and heavy. Very high quality workmanship, several options with one mold body. With the Lee molds, I’d have at least half of the bullets cast rejected. MP molds out of a hundred, I might have 5 rejected. I’m thinking as I get more proficient I’ll gave even less. Another nice thing is, I ordered a set of 200 grain 44 mag molds yesterday (from Slovakia) and they are in Seattle today, delivering scheduled for 7/6/23 I’ll post up some pictures later. They are nice looking molds!

Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]