Shops, Gear, Ranges.. Let others know how your experience was.
Post a reply

Tippmann…

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:22 pm

Meet Tippmann N4-22 Micro Elite.
Yep. The same Tippmann that makes the most reliable/undestroyable paintball markers now makes .22 AR clones.
I just got M4-22 Elite Micro from Rainier Arms this Friday and today I have shot approx. 800 rds of Thunderbolt through it at FWDG range; three 25-rd mags were shot rapidly.
ZERO issues and relatively tight groups.
This could be a perfect trainer or an introduction gun, not to mention very cool range toy.
Urban/CQB/Home Defense tool? Why not? Just put a can on it!
Conclusion: the best .22 AR platform ever; worth every penny!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Re: Tippmann…

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:35 pm

surevaliance wrote:Yep. The same company that makes the most reliable/undestroyable paintball markers now makes .22 AR clones.
I just got M4-22 Elite Micro from Rainier Arms this Friday and today I have shot approx. 800 rds of Thunderbolt through it at FWDG range; three 25-rd mags were shot rapidly.
ZERO issues! Relatively tight groups, though.
This could be a perfect trainer or an introduction gun, not to mention very cool range toy.
Conclusion?
The best .22 AR platform ever; worth every penny!

I didn't know what it was, so I looked it up.
Pretty neat.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:18 pm

surevaliance wrote:I have shot approx. 800 rds of Thunderbolt through it at FWDG range; three 25-rd mags were shot rapidly.
ZERO issues!

Jesus. Do you put Arco gas in your new car, too?! :ROFLMAO:

That's impressive. This thread is gonna cost oldkim some money.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:06 pm

MadPick wrote:
surevaliance wrote:I have shot approx. 800 rds of Thunderbolt through it at FWDG range; three 25-rd mags were shot rapidly.
ZERO issues!

Jesus. Do you put Arco gas in your new car, too?! :ROFLMAO:
That's impressive. This thread is gonna cost oldkim some money.

Lol! Both of my cars are 20 y. o.; still no Arco gas here!
I choose Thunderbolt intentionally, to see how will this “pistol” behave with cheapest, dirtiest ammo possible.
It passed the test perfectly.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:16 pm

This over the s&w?

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:33 pm

bubblewhip wrote:This over the s&w?

Same question. I've gotta S&W and am considering adding the pistol version....

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:45 pm

All day long! For multiple reasons.
First is the similarity to the “real” AR: both receivers are aluminum, chromed bolt and charging handle are very similar too, and disassembly/cleaning is no different, all controls are at the proper places. Most components are interchangeable with standard AR. E. g. milspec dia. buffer tube, drop-in trigger, safety, bolt and mag release, takedown pins, pistol grip…
Then, outstanding reliability.
Moreover, consistency out of 7” BBL is impressive, even after 800+ rds of cheap bulk ammo.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:26 pm

If it's going to be a trainer, what's the spare mag availability like?

First couple recognized links I found via Google-Fu showed out of stock.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:32 pm

Sparky D wrote:If it's going to be a trainer, what's the spare mag availability like?
First couple recognized links I found via Google-Fu showed out of stock.

They use proprietary mags., 10- and 25-rds. which are in stock on Tippmann Arms site or available through local distributors - Rainier Arms and FWDG.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:40 pm

surevaliance wrote:

First is the similarity to the “real” AR: both receivers are aluminum, chromed bolt and charging handle are very similar too, and disassembly/cleaning is no different, all controls are at the proper places. Most components are interchangeable with standard AR. E. g. milspec dia. buffer tube, drop-in trigger, safety, bolt and mag release, takedown pins, pistol grip…
Moreover, consistency out of 7” BBL is impressive, even after 800+ rds of cheap bulk ammo.

Wait. Is this interchangeable dimensionally to accept a full 5.56 upper?

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:53 pm

bubblewhip wrote:
surevaliance wrote:

First is the similarity to the “real” AR: both receivers are aluminum; chromed bolt and charging handle are very similar too, and disassembly/cleaning is no different, all controls are at the proper places. Most components are interchangeable with standard AR. E. g. milspec dia. buffer tube, drop-in trigger, safety, bolt and mag release, takedown pins, pistol grip…

Wait. Is this interchangeable dimensionally to accept a full 5.56 upper?

5.56 uppers are no workie on M4-22 lowers.
But you can install Gucci bolt- and mag- releases, or safety, or “custom” 0.1 lb trigger and they will work.
At least Tippmann says so.
Last edited by surevaliance on Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:57 pm

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9:
The most bizarre gun-related video I have ever watched!

Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:00 pm

I hope it's better than their PB guns, those things were horrible.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:17 pm

golddigger14s wrote:I hope it's better than their PB guns, those things were horrible.

Actually, my Tippmann PB gun was super reliable.
My M4-22 Micro Elite is super reliable as well and it’s very accurate and is real fun to shoot.
I go to WFDG every week for plinking and usually I shoot about 300 rounds from each - Tippmann M4-22 and Kel-Tec CP-33.
No issues so far, except CP-33 doesn’t like HP ammo.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:41 pm

Maybe you had better luck. Tips seemed to be notorious for breaking PB's. When I went semi-full auto I went with DYE. I played almost every weekend from 1985-2008. To include a national tournament (NPPL) in Buffalo, NY.
Post a reply