Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:21 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Rainier Arms is Good to Go 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A bit late but I have a good memory and am bored.

A while ago another member offered to sell me an especially rare and desirable AK kit for $50 below retail, but being the ignoramus I am I offered to give him what he paid brand new (minus shipping) if he were to meet the next day. He agreed and we met at a halfway point - Rainier arms.

It was a stupendously rainy day and it`s a shop I`ve heard of, but never been to so of course I stepped in. The gentleman behind the counter welcomed me and asked if I needed anything specific. I said no, I`m here to meet someone. I didn`t feel pressured in the slightest. I wandered about the store and checked a few triggers they had on display as well as the usual assortment of AR buttstocks, rail sections and so on as well as the bargain bin. I was still much too early so I sat on the couch and flipped through one of the gun magazines and talked shop with a gentleman who brought an AR pistol in for work after some other smith buggered it.

I sat and killed time further till the other member arrived and we made our deal. I dropped the kit in my truck and caught myself eying the door.

I had time and money burning a hole in my pocket so I said "Screw it" and walked back in. The same gentleman from previously looked up and smiled, and asked if there was something I needed. I said yes - I`d like not to become "That guy", and pointed out a backpack and some patches I was interested in. I don`t have the receipt handy, but it came out to something like $150 in gear I spent that day, and when the guy returned from the warehouse he brought an extra patch with.

VIP treatment for being a customer? Gotta love it.
For inquiring minds, the pack was the "Griff" by Grey ghost precision. If interest is shown I`ll be happy to review it as well. A few patches and the shotgun shell card in the pic aren`t sold by Rainier but they arrived the same day so I grouped them for the pic. The good luck cat was named Rudy by a friend, and he sticks to the velcro interior of the bag, so everywhere I go, Rudy comes along.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Built my first AR-15 there with major parts made in WA. They recommend you look at their inventory in their webpage first because the exhibition area is small compared to their selection. Sure, they have a couple of ipads for you to browse in store but you will save time if you do your homework

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That`s the experience I had too, it`s an interesting experience to look at something and instead have a new one brought to you from the back. The place is very relaxed, I counted an employee talking shop with a customer for a solid 45 minutes.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Wait, people are actually doing FFL transfers for private sales?

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

victoriassecret wrote:

I wasn`t buying any guns, only a parts kit. We just met at the store.

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

victoriassecret wrote:

guy I met up with recently to sell a couple of guns wanted to do a transfer. These guns were built before the 1968 GCA and were brand new/unfired.

He was determined to do a transfer. I told him "knock yourself out, buddy".

As he filled out the paperwork he remarked: "I have a C&R license... I checked and these guns are old enough to be transferred on my C&R..."

I asked him: "Well, then WTF are you doing this for?"

[shrugs; breaks out wallet]

:facepalm2:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:07 pm

I've been there twice and each time had a pleasant experience. Very nice shop, employees are very friendly and helpful, and they keep lots of items in stock. I also love all trigger mock ups to test out.

Wed May 09, 2018 9:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

victoriassecret wrote:

Yes. the last 4 or 5 I bought, the sellers all wanted to do the transfer.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Duke EB wrote:
victoriassecret wrote:

:zombie:

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed May 09, 2018 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For the love of God paint that wall a different color

Wed May 09, 2018 11:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
Duke EB wrote:
victoriassecret wrote:

:zombie:

wow, I didn't realize it was so old!! :rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Wed May 09, 2018 11:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]