Find a sweet deal? Want to help others locate an unusual item? Post it here!

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!
Post a reply

Re: Obscenely Cheap 9mm @ Academy Sports

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:06 pm

leadcounsel wrote:Damn, I didn't get a bucket but my order wasn't even shipped til today. No love for the Leadcounsel.

:inlove: WAGUNS.ORG loves you...... :4couple:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:47 am

After a short delay due to actually having to sign for this item and could not be held at the local FED-EX office/store, I had to go to the terminal and pick it up in person.
Everything intact, no breaks, loose ammo rounds, no box damage.
:wagwoot:
:alcapone:
:bonghit:
:AR15firing:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:18 am

I got a box with three buckets tossed inside, not fancy with an "X" brace like your pics!

I did notice something odd while putting it in range boxes last night.

It looks like I have two different kinds of AMMO. Two buckets are kinda dingy looking brass with silver colored primers and one bucket is bright shiny brass with brass primers. The OAL is different between the two also. The Rem logos/stamping are different on the base of the casings also.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 am

Just got mine. Fancy X thing, completely intact. Submitted rebate, will mail later and begin waiting. I am generally weary of rebates but so far I’m 6/6 out of the various gun related rebates this year.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:38 am

"Weary" = tired

"Leery" = cautious or WARY due to realistic suspicions.

the more you know

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:42 am

wilmermj wrote:Just got mine. Fancy X thing, completely intact. Submitted rebate, will mail later and begin waiting. I am generally weary of rebates but so far I’m 6/6 out of the various gun related rebates this year.

I rather enjoyed the "peel n stick" upc tags on the buckets. Sure beats trying to peel the paper ones off the ammo cans.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:04 pm

I ordered one of Academy's 350 round 9mm packs. Smaller the size of 5 boxes of ammo. Maybe about the size of a toaster.
I also ordered two boxes of rifle ammo, 40 rounds.

Academy shipped them same day, separate boxes. The 9mm ammo came in a box 10 times larger than necessary, like a medium household packing box! icon_eek And instead of putting the rifle ammo in there, they shipped it in a separate box several times larger than needed, almost a medium flat rate shipping box. I can fit 9 or 10 ammo boxes in it. Can't imagine what they paid to ship my $90 order.

Oh, and FedEx mis delivered it to a different neighborhood. Thankfully the honest guy got my phone number off the package and called me.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:48 pm

leadcounsel wrote:Oh, and FedEx mis delivered it to a different neighborhood. Thankfully the honest guy got my phone number off the package and called me.

:shocked4:

That would go a long way towards making me feel about FedEx the way some of you guys do.

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:00 pm

leadcounsel wrote: Thankfully the honest guy got my phone number off the package and called me.

There you go, you got some love. :bigsmile:

Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:47 pm

I don't know if anyone else clicked through retailmenot for the cash back but I got cash back approval email from them today. I clicked through and did 3 separate orders of the 9mm bucket and 1 ar mag and got back $45 total.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Anyone have confirmation that Remington received their rebate form?

https://remington.rebateaccess.com/status.php

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Guntrader wrote:Anyone have confirmation that Remington received their rebate form?

No confirmation there for me yet. Says still waiting to receive my submission. I mailed it off 11/27.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:36 pm

moktor wrote:
Guntrader wrote:Anyone have confirmation that Remington received their rebate form?

No confirmation there for me yet. Says still waiting to receive my submission. I mailed it off 11/27.

Mine says the same thing. Not exactly sure when I mailed it, but it was definitely prior to the deadline.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:48 pm

Mine says, "Your submission has been received, and is waiting for processing."

I did the online thing, then followed up with the paper copy.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:12 pm

they said: due to a high volume of participation we're unable to process your request; check back in two weeks.
Post a reply