Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:25 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Obscenely Cheap 9mm @ Academy Sports (Dead) 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

My FedEx guy delivered a 3/4 full box of goodness, saw the ORM-D sticker and said "Here's a box full of fun!", chatted about the warm November, asked about the Balrog, was too busy to come in for a cup of coffee this visit.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two boxes were on my porch upon my return from work.... One of the boxes looked as if a bomb had gone off in it. (Flickr wouldn't let me sign on so no pix). Tape torn, bottom blown out, buckets falling out...

So I lug bothe boxes inside and open the one that was still intact. (good news first). .45 caliber GLOCK food. There were about twenty rounds loose in the box... So I count both jugs and the loose stuff and come up with an extra 3 rounds per jug...

With all of that loose ammo in the box that wasn't broken, I had some anxiety about what I would find in the busted box...

Got those jugs out... no loose ammo... well of course not because there is no bottom on the box!
So I opened and counted the jugs of 9mm. There were 3 extra rounds in each jug!

Plus one for Remington. -1 each for Academy, for bad packaging, and -1 to FedEx for drop kicking my packages.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:27 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

jukk0u wrote:

Haven't opened mine yet, but throwing an extra 3 rounds in is just good business sense.
Cost a lot less than having customer service dealing with a guy who wants his 3 missing rounds, and having to ship them to him.

That's why they usually put a couple extra screws in cheapo assemble it yourself furniture.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

fucking fedex kuntz are holding my shit hostage.

called fedex and rep said this was a change made hub-side and they are opening investigation.

mother bitches i cant even right now.Image

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My brother (Western PA) got his on Friday of last week. He said the buckets were beat to shit. I am still waiting on mine. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Haven't opened mine yet, but throwing an extra 3 rounds in is just good business sense.
Cost a lot less than having customer service dealing with a guy who wants his 3 missing rounds, and having to ship them to him.

That's why they usually put a couple extra screws in cheapo assemble it yourself furniture.

read the reviews. Some guys were saying they were coming up 20-40 or 50 rounds light.

and speaking of "extra" stuff: I was installing a garbage disposal today. NO WIRE NUTS were in the box. And the unit I was replacing had the pig-tail factory installed so the nuts used there were crimped one-time use wire nuts. Had to go clear into Redmond from Trilogy to get TWO wire nuts. Frack! (I even thought about bringing some to the job but I said "Nah! there will be two on the old unit AND two new ones in the box" Wrong.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine came today, no issues with the packages on mine. My wife was pleased with how heavy the box was when she moved it all of 18 inches into the front door.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got mine. Nothing special to report. Packaging was fine.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
fucking fedex kuntz

I go out of my way to avoid buying anything that will be shipped via FedEx. I'll pay more for the same thing to avoid the hassle and constant delays.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

came home to my three buckets. All looked well with the packaging and to top it off, two buckets had an extra 8 rounds and one had an extra 6! Now time to complete the rebate form.

Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine showed up today in one piece. Im too lazy to count and look for extras.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My two buckets of 9mm showed up today with four extra rounds rattling around in the packing which I thought was weird as there's no obvious damage to the buckets.

Anyone local-ish wanting to trade a .45 bucket for one of my 9mm buckets? I only have a single 9mm these days, but I have several .45, it was a bonehead move on my part to get two 9mm & one .45, should have done it the other way around.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
My two buckets of 9mm showed up today with four extra rounds rattling around in the packing which I thought was weird as there's no obvious damage to the buckets.

Anyone local-ish wanting to trade a .45 bucket for one of my 9mm buckets? I only have a single 9mm these days, but I have several .45, it was a bonehead move on my part to get two 9mm & one .45, should have done it the other way around.

I don't have any .45 but if you want to sell me a bucket of the 9mm, I'd gladly pay the going price.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damn, I didn't get a bucket but my order wasn't even shipped til today. No love for the Leadcounsel.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

355 rnds. Lid was busted

Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next