Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 You can't afford not to have this -- $5.63 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

The SOG entrenching tool. Folding shovel/saw/hacking device.

For less than the price of lunch you can have a survival tool in your vehicle that might just save your ass. Tiny when folded. Toss it under your seat and forget about it until you really need it. Oh, and SOG lifetime warranty. For $5.63.

Don't ask, just buy one. Or ten.

https://gun.deals/product/sog-f08-n-ent ... azon-prime

Last edited by Sinus211 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow!?! Great find!

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Panda, i ordered 5 of them. :bigsmile:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:45 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Thanks, just ordered 5.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought this back in May, 2015...for $9
I have used the poop out of it, holding up fine.
Gonna pick up a couple more for family.

-dimwit-

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:34 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

You guys are a bad influence.... :cussing:

All right, I expect to see a few of these on the PIF table at the next group shoot!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:

All right, I expect to see a few of these on the PIF table at the next group shoot!

Why is that? Can't afford to buy your own?
:ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Although larger, I prefer the Soviet Spetsnaz style shovel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPL-50

Although if I had to hump it, I would use the e-tool (entrenching tool). It offers more flexibility than a spetsnaz shovel.

But if you want a SHOVEL, the spetsnaz one is superior IMO.

http://militera.lib.ru/research/suvorov6/01.html

Every infantryman in the Soviet Army carries with him a small spade. When he is given the order to halt he immediately lies flat and starts to dig a hole in the ground beside him. In three minutes he will have dug a little trench 15 centimetres deep, in which he can lie stretched out flat, so that bullets can whistle harmlessly over his head. The earth he has dug out forms a breastwork in front and at the side to act as an additional cover. If a tank drives over such a trench the soldier has a 50% chance that it will do him no harm. At any moment the soldier may be ordered to advance again and, shouting at the top of his voice, will rush ahead. If he is not ordered to advance, he digs in deeper and deeper. At first his trench can be used for firing in the lying position. Later it becomes a trench from which to fire in the kneeling position, and later still, when it is 110 centimetres deep, it can be used for firing in the standing position. The earth that has been dug out protects the soldier from bullets and fragments. He makes an embrasure in this breastwork into which he positions the barrel of his gun. In the absence of any further commands he continues to work on his trench. He camouflages it. He starts to dig a trench to connect with his comrades to the left of him. He always digs from right to left, and in a few hours the unit has a trench linking all the riflemen's trenches together. The unit's trenches are linked with the trenches of other units. Dug-outs are built and communication trenches are added at the rear. The trenches are made deeper, covered over, camouflaged and reinforced. Then, suddenly, the order to advance comes again. The soldier emerges, shouting and swearing as loudly as he can.

The infantryman uses the same spade for digging graves for his fallen comrades. If he doesn't have an axe to hand he uses the spade to chop his bread when it is frozen hard as granite. He uses it as a paddle as he floats across wide rivers on a telegraph pole under enemy fire. And when he gets the order to halt, he again builds his impregnable fortress around himself. He knows how to dig the earth efficiently. He builds his fortress exactly as it should be. The spade is not just an instrument for digging: it can also be used for measuring. It is 50 centimetres long. Two spade lengths are a metre. The blade is 15 centimetres wide and 18 centimetres long. With these measurements in mind the soldier can measure anything he wishes.

The infantry spade does not have a folding handle, and this is a very important feature. It has to be a single monolithic object. All three of its edges are as sharp as a knife. It is painted with a green matt paint so as not to reflect the strong sunlight.

The spade is not only a tool and a measure. It is also a guarantee of the steadfastness of the infantry in the most difficult situations. If the infantry have a few hours to dig themselves in, it could take years to get them out of their holes and trenches, whatever modern weapons are used against them.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Why is that? Can't afford to buy your own?
:ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Didn't you know that Steve's job is in the crapper?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:22 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

^ Dicks. :angryfire:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:57 am

jackass wrote:

Although if I had to hump it, I would use the e-tool (entrenching tool). It offers more flexibility than a spetsnaz shovel.

Every infantryman in the Soviet Army carries with him a small spade. When he is given the order to halt he immediately lies flat and starts to dig a hole in the ground beside him. In three minutes he will have dug a little trench 15 centimetres deep, in which he can lie stretched out flat, so that bullets can whistle harmlessly over his head. The earth he has dug out forms a breastwork in front and at the side to act as an additional cover. If a tank drives over such a trench the soldier has a 50% chance that it will do him no harm. At any moment the soldier may be ordered to advance again and, shouting at the top of his voice, will rush ahead. If he is not ordered to advance, he digs in deeper and deeper. At first his trench can be used for firing in the lying position. Later it becomes a trench from which to fire in the kneeling position, and later still, when it is 110 centimetres deep, it can be used for firing in the standing position. The earth that has been dug out protects the soldier from bullets and fragments. He makes an embrasure in this breastwork into which he positions the barrel of his gun. In the absence of any further commands he continues to work on his trench. He camouflages it. He starts to dig a trench to connect with his comrades to the left of him. He always digs from right to left, and in a few hours the unit has a trench linking all the riflemen's trenches together. The unit's trenches are linked with the trenches of other units. Dug-outs are built and communication trenches are added at the rear. The trenches are made deeper, covered over, camouflaged and reinforced. Then, suddenly, the order to advance comes again. The soldier emerges, shouting and swearing as loudly as he can.

The infantryman uses the same spade for digging graves for his fallen comrades. If he doesn't have an axe to hand he uses the spade to chop his bread when it is frozen hard as granite. He uses it as a paddle as he floats across wide rivers on a telegraph pole under enemy fire. And when he gets the order to halt, he again builds his impregnable fortress around himself. He knows how to dig the earth efficiently. He builds his fortress exactly as it should be. The spade is not just an instrument for digging: it can also be used for measuring. It is 50 centimetres long. Two spade lengths are a metre. The blade is 15 centimetres wide and 18 centimetres long. With these measurements in mind the soldier can measure anything he wishes.

The infantry spade does not have a folding handle, and this is a very important feature. It has to be a single monolithic object. All three of its edges are as sharp as a knife. It is painted with a green matt paint so as not to reflect the strong sunlight.

The spade is not only a tool and a measure. It is also a guarantee of the steadfastness of the infantry in the most difficult situations. If the infantry have a few hours to dig themselves in, it could take years to get them out of their holes and trenches, whatever modern weapons are used against them.
I have one of these bungeed to the roll bar of my jeep. It's bad ass, I've dug a little with it, but used it as a throwing axe more.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:46 pm

jackass wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Speci ... B00169V99K

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will see your Russian, and raise you a Chinese.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGdbbEZVHqw

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

I was going to put a company logo sticker on mine and send them to clients who will most likely never use them.
More memberable than a pen or calendar.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UPS dropped off a couple at my place this a.m. Gonna use one for light duty when I'm metal detecting. Easy to pack around, and I never have to dig down more than 8". The other one will get thrown in the side by side "just in case"

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next