Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Buy $99.99 Kershaw knife get free pistol 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Great truck gun.
If somebody steals it, you won't care that much.

This is a piss poor attitude to have and real shitty advice for all gun owners to follow.

Who cares if you paid $1 or $1,000 for this handgun. Don't leave the damn thing in your vehicle. Someone steals your gun and then shoots/kills/rapes/robs (commits a crime) with your gun because you didn't give a shit due to it's low price??!! Really? You should know better than that.

How could you live with yourself knowing that your gun is on the streets with some low-life jackass because you made a piss poor decision to leave it in your vehicle.

Please don't leave your guns in your vehicle.

Last edited by bulldog18 on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Been doing it for 35 years.
Number of guns stolen? Zero

So in your fantasy world there are hordes of killers roaming the streets intent on murder, and the only thing stopping them is people not leaving a gun in a vehicle?

There are very few violent felons who wan't a firearm and don't have one.

Straw purchases.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There have been 2 smash and grabs at my kid's daycare in Kirkland in the last 3-4 months. So it's not all that uncommon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

All it takes is one low-life to smash your window, grab your gun and use it in a crime.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Sure. Knew someone who lived in an apartment in Kent who had his passenger window smashed so someone could steal the single cigarette he had on the dash (drivers door was unlocked)
But, I watch where I park and don't live in shitty areas.

Plus have $100 comprehensive deductible and probably 3-4 grand of other gear in my truck I use for work.
Never filed a claim.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well after my bitching, mine is ready for pickup already. Got the email this morning. Try them first thing Sunday maybe.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:06 pm

Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Well after my bitching, mine is ready for pickup already. Got the email this morning. Try them first thing Sunday maybe.

Fastest Cabelas checkout I ever had started 5 min before closing. Entire team just stood around working on it until it was done.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:03 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Average time at Tulalip today was an hour, and that's with nobody in line ahead of you.
Thought I was on a hidden cam reality show.
Looks like they just hired a bunch of new people to work the NICS terminals and were having them train each other.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Average time at Tulalip today was an hour, and that's with nobody in line ahead of you.
Thought I was on a hidden cam reality show.
Looks like they just hired a bunch of new people to work the NICS terminals and were having them train each other.

I know the Lacey Cabela's recently went to training the Gun Counter folks to do NICS, and vice versa, so you have the same Outfitter from start to finish. You still have to wait to get served at the Gun Counter but then don't get put in the bin to wait for NICS. But it also make the wait at the Gun Counter longer.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:48 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Maybe that's what it was.
My counter person was obviously new and had no clue how to run the NICS terminal or do the paperwork. OK, that I can cut some slack for.
The other 3 NICS terminals had 2 people each on them and nothing got done until a lady who halfway knew what she was doing floated around the area and told them how to perform every simple step.
After an hour, there were more than a few pissed off people waiting for NICS.
In the hour I was at the store, I was the only one to have their NICS and paperwork processed.
The guy with the ticket before me was still waiting at NICS when I left.

They should train these people after hours or one at a time.
1 trainer per 7 employees in a production environment is a bad business decision.
Especially when doing NICS checks.
I left there thinking there was no way I would ever buy a gun from Cabella's again.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Only lists the pistol now and it's $170 marked down from $230

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bulldog18 wrote:
Guntrader wrote:
Great truck gun.
If somebody steals it, you won't care that much.

This is a piss poor attitude to have and real shitty advice for all gun owners to follow.

Who cares if you paid $1 or $1,000 for this handgun. Don't leave the damn thing in your vehicle. Someone steals your gun and then shoots/kills/rapes/robs (commits a crime) with your gun because you didn't give a shit due to it's low price??!! Really? You should know better than that.

How could you live with yourself knowing that your gun is on the streets with some low-life jackass because you made a piss poor decision to leave it in your vehicle.

Please don't leave your guns in your vehicle.

What if someone steals your truck and runs it thru a playground full of kids?

Put all the "what ifs" in one hand and a nickle in the other and ya still dont have enough for a cup of coffee.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Plus have $100 comprehensive deductible and probably 3-4 grand of other gear in my truck I use for work.
Never filed a claim.
Yup. Never has happened, so it never will. Good thinking. :wink05:

Old Growth wrote:
What if someone steals your truck and runs it thru a playground full of kids?

Put all the "what ifs" in one hand and a nickle in the other and ya still dont have enough for a cup of coffee.
What if Dennis Rodman was given the button to launch NK nukes? What if pigs flew?

What does any of that have to do with taking common sense precautions to prevent a possible crime or tragedy, when it is within your power to do so? And your only excuse for not doing so, is laziness?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador wrote:

What does any of that have to do with taking common sense precautions to prevent a possible crime or tragedy, when it is within your power to do so? And your only excuse for not doing so, is laziness?

Your preaching to the choir man. I myself am theft paranoid. I lock everything up. If Im not home there is NEVER a firearm inside the house, let alone the vehicles I drive.

I worry more about children. The last thing I wanna deal with is a child finding a gun and discharging it.

Losers are losers, I cant stop them from doing bad things, but I can prevent curios kids from having a tragedy.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Selador wrote:

Your preaching to the choir man. I myself am theft paranoid. I lock everything up. If Im not home there is NEVER a firearm inside the house, let alone the vehicles I drive.

I worry more about children. The last thing I wanna deal with is a child finding a gun and discharging it.

Losers are losers, I cant stop them from doing bad things, but I can prevent curios kids from having a tragedy.

:thumbsup2:

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next