Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Duracell 350 lumen flashlights 4/$15 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Too bad the reviews went to garbage. I bought quite a few of the costco lights when they were in 3 packs and they have all been great. I also bought the 1000 lumen and 1300 lumen lights and the 1000 lumen was actually brighter.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those Dorcy lights have gotten a lot of good reviews over the years.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:24 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Selador wrote:
I do have to say though, the lights in the OP, are really bright, when they have fresh batteries.

Every time I have fresh batteries in mine, and turn it on, I imagine those noises they always make in the movies when the UFO flashes the beam of light down on the human.

I've been calling those "Photon Bazookas" since my Navy days.

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have these also and they drain the batteries after about 2 months of sitting somewhere. They still work, but for some reason every time I need one, the batteries are dead.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:49 pm

I've completely given up on ANY of the lites that use 3xAAA batteries because I find that they chew thru the batteries during use (very limited run time) and during storage. I stick to my collection of 2xAA MiniMags that I upgraded to led --- they may not be the brightest lites out there, but at least they don't drain batteries during storage and have 30+ hours run time (they seem to last forever for car/truck/dog walking). A 24 pack of AAs at HF for $4-5 when on sale keeps them fed --- I tend to rotate batteries when a remote goes dead - fresh batteries into MiniMag, used ones into remote - just to keep them topped up. I'm still amazed that I've got a 3xD MagLite that I got when I bought the house 17 years ago still on the factory batteries - upgraded to the led bulb after ~6 years - damn thing still going, granted it doesn't get much use....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have several flashlights but when the lights go out we tend to use the 4" florescent fixtures. Lots of light, 2 to a pack, runs on 4 double A batteries. have tested to see how long they will run but have been using the same 4 batteries every time the lights go out and only had to replace them once as they finally got too old. Seem to remember I got them at Lowes for fairly cheap as well.
Other thing that is nice they also have built in slots on the back so they are easy to hang up. Will be putting one in the container shortly, open door flip switch bingo more than enough light.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
I have several flashlights but when the lights go out we tend to use the 4" florescent fixtures. Lots of light, 2 to a pack, runs on 4 double A batteries. have tested to see how long they will run but have been using the same 4 batteries every time the lights go out and only had to replace them once as they finally got too old. Seem to remember I got them at Lowes for fairly cheap as well.
Other thing that is nice they also have built in slots on the back so they are easy to hang up. Will be putting one in the container shortly, open door flip switch bingo more than enough light.

Link?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2