Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 2:57 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Refunds from SGA for people that bought ammo this month 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not a deal but i figure this might be the best place to post that they are refunding people on certain ammo.

Here is a snip from the e-mail, this is for 5.56 but it also covers a lot of other calibers too.

Quote:
1000 Round Case - 223 Rem 55 Grain FMJ Ammo Loose Range Packs Made by Winchester - W223100 - SP21114
$499.95 Each - Free Shipping
BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL: Was $579.50!! Once I pay shipping costs, credit card fees and other fixed costs to fill the order I net out below replacement cost on this item. I searched the web today and this is the best deal going in the USA for Winchester brand 223 Rem ammo today.
Price Protection Offer: If you ordered this exact same item, as determined by SKU number, during the month of November 2023 and paid $579.50, we will refund the difference. All you have to do is email us your order number and request for price protection.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:08 pm

Wow, that’s cool they are doing this proactively.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:thumbsup2:

Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still making a killing. Don't let Sam fool you. He isn't losing money by doing this.
This nakes him look good as he got mostcthis for half that price or less before the run on 223 556.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
Still making a killing. Don't let Sam fool you. He isn't losing money by doing this.
This nakes him look good as he got mostcthis for half that price or less before the run on 223 556.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

According to him he was clearing $20 @ $379 on the rebate winchester 5.56 in august so it meant it was costing him $359 shipped. So after refunding the people who bought at $580 to the newer price of $500 he is still clearing $140 a case. (ofcourse decreased volume will cut into profits)

On the flip side he probably will lose some money on cases in the future since he is going to have to buy his next pallets at inflated prices from the MFG's and as prices drop he will still be sitting on some of it.

So yea he is making a killing, but that is the game, everyone else is doing it too. Anyone(us included) is free to go with a more honest business model, but will that succeed?

Last edited by shaggy on Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:45 pm

Seems like a business that ebbs and flows, and sometimes they make a killing and other times the margins are pretty slim. With a lot of competition. So customer retention is a key component.

Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]