Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:56 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

If a deal has an expiration date, please include that in your thread title!

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Freeze Dry Wholesalers 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://freezedrywholesalers.com/

15% off code: canadianprepper

Last edited by mmalleck on Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a pound of steak for 20 clams :ROFLMAO: I'll fucking pass

pound and half for lobster...... 80 clams I'll fucking pass

Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I should have stated that this is more on the high end, and much of it raw. This is not your Traveler's Stew from My Patriot Supply.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
I should have stated that this is more on the high end, and much of it raw. This is not your Traveler's Stew from My Patriot Supply.

What has been your experience with them? What products have you tried?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:

What has been your experience with them? What products have you tried?

These are the items I've purchased, but I haven't tried a single one. I had a friend try the pulled pork, and he said it was really good.

Freeze Dried 1/3-lb Uncooked Hamburger Patties
Freeze Dried Uncooked Sirloin Steaks
Freeze Dried Uncooked Beef Stew Cubes
Freeze Dried Roasted Redskin Potatoes and Vegetables
Freeze Dried Fully Cooked and Lightly Seasoned Shredded Beef
Freeze Dried Sliced Fresh Avocado
Freeze Dried Uncooked Filet Mignon Steaks
Freeze Dried Fully Cooked Black Angus Corned Beef
Freeze Dried Uncooked Carne Asada
Freeze Dried Scallops

Canadian Prepper on YouTube did a review on this brand.

Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:

We have a comedian here!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Mark! I will place an order. Always nice to add to and get some variety to our preps.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Thanks Mark! I will place an order. Always nice to add to and get some variety to our preps.

Sounds good. I started looking at my preps a few years ago and said to myself - "Man, it would suck to actually have to eat this stuff long-term." So, started adding some proteins, spices, and ingredient-based items rather than prepared "meals".

I tried Thrive's dried meats, and their ground hamburger wasn't bad. I didn't like Thrive's freeze-dried chicken. It takes a lot of spices to get rid of that "old freezer" taste.

Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mmalleck wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

Sounds good. I started looking at my preps a few years ago and said to myself - "Man, it would suck to actually have to eat this stuff long-term." So, started adding some proteins, spices, and ingredient-based items rather than prepared "meals".

I tried Thrive's dried meats, and their ground hamburger wasn't bad. I didn't like Thrive's freeze-dried chicken. It takes a lot of spices to get rid of that "old freezer" taste.

I like Thrive for their fruits, mostly. We're lucky around here to have the berries and such that we have, granted that's all dependent on time of year. Their citrus and other fruits have been the bulk of what we buy from them.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
a pound of steak for 20 clams :ROFLMAO: I'll fucking pass

I reckon the flex of eating "fresh" surf & turf off your smoker outside Barter Town would be well worth the 100 bucks in 2023 money.

Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have regularly bought stuff from them. They have thinga that no one else does.

CMica clearly has no clue what he is talking about as this is Freeze dried. Yes the lobster is 1.5 pounds of FREEZE DRIED lobster. That works out to closer to 4 pounds when rehydrated! And at $20 a pound is it cheap, nope, but for long-term storage and something special when the crap hits the fan Freeze dry provides lots of good options.

BTW Freeze Dry is a good source for spices that are packed for long-term storage. I don't bother with the vegetables as they are indeed over priced but the speciality stuff is where you can get some decent deals. Also, get ont he news letter as we many times get even better deals and announcements of stuff that tends to sell out quick.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
mmalleck wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:

I like Thrive for their fruits, mostly. We're lucky around here to have the berries and such that we have, granted that's all dependent on time of year. Their citrus and other fruits have been the bulk of what we buy from them.

BTW A better source for Fruits and Vegetables is North Bay Trading. Quality is very good on most things (there are a few that are only so-so.) The Bulk packaging means you can save some money especially if you can split the bulk packs.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apologies if it's on the site but how long does it take to properly rehydrate a freeze dried sirloin steak?

Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Col_Temp wrote:
I have regularly bought stuff from them. They have thinga that no one else does.

CMica clearly has no clue what he is talking about as this is Freeze dried. Yes the lobster is 1.5 pounds of FREEZE DRIED lobster. That works out to closer to 4 pounds when rehydrated! And at $20 a pound is it cheap, nope, but for long-term storage and something special when the crap hits the fan Freeze dry provides lots of good options.

BTW Freeze Dry is a good source for spices that are packed for long-term storage. I don't bother with the vegetables as they are indeed over priced but the speciality stuff is where you can get some decent deals. Also, get ont he news letter as we many times get even better deals and announcements of stuff that tends to sell out quick.

Paris, from the website:
"This bag contains 5.25 ounces of freeze dried fully cooked Maine lobster claw and tail meat, which is the equivalent of 26-1/4 ounces (just over a pound and a half) of lobster meat out of the shell if purchased at your local fresh seafood market / seafood restaurant for take-out once rehydrated and ready for use. Each ounce of this fulled cooked Maine lobster will weigh approximately 5 ounces of freshly prepared Maine lobster tail and claw meat when rehydrated. This pack is probably the equivalent of between 4 to 5 live large Maine lobsters."

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CQBgopher wrote:
Apologies if it's on the site but how long does it take to properly rehydrate a freeze dried sirloin steak?

It seems most the proteins, and other fatty foods take the longest, at about 60mins. In the video Mark posted though, the guy didn't wait that long.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next