Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Advice requested - stripped screw heads 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those are square drive screws. Use the correct bit an they will screw right out. The correct is about $1.29 at ACE.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Update:

All but one screw pulled. Appears the remaining screw had the head snapped off, so I`m left with the end sticking out one side and a countersunk hole above it. Pliers and twisting on it are doing nothing, looks like the glue is holding strong.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Want High end Russian military gear? PM me!

Last edited by Fjordforder on Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Take a 1/8 and then 3/16 drill bit to,it. The heads should come off. Then, using a wood block, hammer off the vertical board from the shelves. Use vice grips to get the screw,shanks out of,the shelf ends

This is your cheapest route. And a set of vise grips or cut them off flush.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Andrew has more Patience than i do. I would have burned that Fucker the first time it showed resistance to my attempts to dismantle.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a quick jiggle pulled one side loose. It`s half morbid curiosity and half utility.

I have never been, am not, and will NEVER be an NRA member. They sold me out a dozen times, just like they have you!

"while CZ, SIG, FN, and Izhmash (hum...) are playing Hardball, American manufacturers are too busy playing Lawyerball."

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duct tape
Road flare
Gas can

Duct tape road flare to (full) gas can. Set on shelf. Light road flare. GTFO

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They look like some nice oak slabs. Definitely worth saving. I don’t throw anything away.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
They look like some nice oak slabs. Definitely worth saving. I don’t throw anything away.

Agreed, especially if they`ll only be shelves. Same reason I have some shitty ikea weirdwood leftover.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

guess you can always start a fire, the homeless would like it

Yaki's - last journey

Promote a Growth Mindset. Don't let a fixed mindset not allow change for the better.

pow·er trip - noun - a self-aggrandizing quest for ever-increasing control over others.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:

Maybe, depends on the Knots in the rest of it. That isn't exactly Heartwood from just the end pics. You should see the Crate Material that comes in from overseas at my work....Makes me weep it is going to the Chipper.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:43 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Sawzall with metal blade. Cut through screws and glued seam in 1 go.

Those screws aren't stripped, they're square heads.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Those screws aren't stripped, they're square heads.

Appears they were, checking the least wrecked one they started life as square.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are easy-out type bits for this kind of thing.
Here's one manufacturer's product I found in a heartbeat.
Dunn lumber, Lowe's, HD will all have their pet Mftr's.

https://alexnld.com/product/5pcs-screw- ... oup%20%231

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2