Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:30 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Snopocalypse 2018 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went kenmore ranges sunday 2pm. The sky opened up for a very clear day. No snow around. A lot of wind though.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1 out of 10 on the 'get excited scale'. This was nothing. Too wet and heavy to care about.

I was taking to my mom this morning and where she is at in Montana she has a snow drift that is about 5 feet high, with an expected 6 more inches tonight, and -20°f over the next two days. I wish we got snow like that.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:32 am

No snow in Bothell - just a few flurries. Went for a beer run Sun ~3 since it was sunny and beautiful... they had just sprayed the roads with deicer... damn that shit is slippery! My tires were spinning at every stop sign! Got a 4 way stop and watched as EVERY car was spinning tires trying to get going.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only car at work with smow? A nasty ass rag top Mustang. And at least 6 inches left on the thing. No idea where they drove from, but work is on Willows near 124th. No snow for miles.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snowing again. Not heavy but steady.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Snowing again. Not heavy but steady.

Yep in Oly/Lacey.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A good dusting here in T-town. Solid couple inches.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

No snow but it was 24 F this morning.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:
Solid couple inches.

Thats what she said.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:31 am

Does anyone else find it odd that the temps are below freezing and yet there is still no frost? Kinda weird for this area....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

JohnMBrowning wrote:
Does anyone else find it odd that the temps are below freezing and yet there is still no frost? Kinda weird for this area....

False Flag Climate Conspiracy.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:55 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:

It's colder down there than it is up here in the northwestern Bering Sea. We've been getting nothing but southerly winds up here for the last week,unusually warm for this time of year. Haven't had to break off any ice from the boat.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:23 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Scvette wrote:
Guntrader wrote:

It's colder down there than it is up here in the northwestern Bering Sea. We've been getting nothing but southerly winds up here for the last week,unusually warm for this time of year. Haven't had to break off any ice from the boat.

You fishing for crab?
I used to know a lot of fisherman from The Copper Gate Tavern when I lived in Ballard.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Scvette wrote:
Guntrader wrote:

You fishing for crab?
I used to know a lot of fisherman from The Copper Gate Tavern when I lived in Ballard.

No I quit crab fishing in 2000. I longline for cod now.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Small bitch flakes coming down in downtown seattle.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next