Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Holy Crap...Fed fuel tax raise 25 cents/gal. 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Are you shitting us.....?????

Trump wants a 25 cent per gallon hike on gas and diesel for the 1.5 Trillion road/infrastructure plan.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... s-say.html

Quote:
The senator added that Trump “came back to the idea of a 25 cent increase several times throughout the meeting.”

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:18 pm

It hasn't changed since 1993. That would put us at paying over 1 buck in tax per gallon. Insane

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you think that making America great again was free?

Divided we fall.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:

I was hoping it would be?? It’s free for all the immigrants so why not us??

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it ALL goes for infrastructure improvements I wouldn't mind. But it seldom does.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's gonna be PAINFUL digging out of the 16 TRILLION that Bush and Obama piled on us.

National debt
History of the USA through 2000 = $6 trillion.
2000-2008 = Bush added $4 trillion
2009-2017 = Obama piled on $10 trillion more....

There's going to be a lot of sacrifices made. I believe social welfare needs to be GUTTED. DEEPLY.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't forget the extra tax insshit wants to add also.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:17 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

SWK stock will be going up.
They make the Jack Rabbit Pump.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From a recent post..

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I just did the math...

Attachment:
2456-wmdevicewastatefederalfueldtaxratesdecal.png

I'm paying close to 15 FUCKING DOLLARS in fuel taxes every time I fill up my measly 20 gallon tank...

15 fucking dollars.... To drive 250 miles.

If the average station dispenses 4000 gallons a day, let's say it's all gas (diesel has higher tax rate)... That's over $2700 A DAY from just ONE gas station.. And that doesn't count places like Costco which might sell 10 or 20 thousand gallons a day...NOR does it include diesel, which as mentioned is a higher tax rate.

It's a 1k fine for running dyed diesel on road,. But I've paid over $1200 in fuel taxes in the past couple of years. That means even if I got caught, I'd still be ahead.

I need to go back to using WMO...

So, diesel would be approx. $1/gallon in taxes.

Let's say 15 MPG... and 1 gallon of fuel... That's 6.66666 (rounded to 7) cents a mile... or, if Idling in the morning... 100 cents per 0 miles...

Let's say you drive 30 miles to work.....30 miles back... 15mpg /60 miles = 4gallons * 1$/gallon tax means you're paying 4$ a day just to get to/from work... IN TAXES..

That doesn't sound like much, right? But that's just work....

Let's say, you work 50 weeks out of the year, 5 days a week..

We've already determined $4 a day, so 5 days a week @ 4$/day is $20/wk

@$20/wk * 50wk = $1,000

You'd be getting taxed a thousand bucks a year, JUST for fuel, ONLY for work....

Where's that Laffer curve again?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And don't expect any of the State taxes to go away or get lower.

In the town hall meeting last night the Revenuers said out of one side of their mouths:
We have to provide incentives for alternatively fueled transportation. My guess is that can be read as "free" charging stations for electric cars and tax exemptions on those cars - both of which will further eat into revenues. Of course those will be offset by the "Carbon Tax" which you will pay to provide electric car buyers et al with those subsidies.

Out of the other side of their mouths they spoke of the dwindling revenues from the gas taxes becasue more people are using electric and alternatively fueled cars or mass transportation. So this, they said will require them to find alternative means for taxation...

Pay per mile seems to be their only solution so you will probably see transponders affixed to your car. Intrusion of privacy much?

That jim feller... he's kind of pesky... a perpetual thorn in our side.... why'ount dial up his transponder and find out if he's far enough out from everone what we can send him a HellFire missile for breakfast...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The thing that makes no sense to me is the logic they have behind the electric cars not paying gas tax. It’s an easy fix. Put the mileage tax on new hybrids and electric cars and leave the gas tax alone. It’s very simple.

I know, I know it’s about getting more money and most government isn’t about making sense.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Electric cars. Uh boy.
65% of the electricity in the US comes from fossil fuels.
In West Virginia those 'environmental friendly' electric cars runs on electricity that comes 95.5% from coal.
May as well put in a boiler and stoke it while you're stuck in traffic.
Electricity is like hot dogs, gotta come from somewhere, people just don't wanna know from where.
Unless electric cars only use the 'good electricity'.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:19 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

leadcounsel wrote:
It's gonna be PAINFUL digging out of the 16 TRILLION that Bush and Obama piled on us.

National debt

There's going to be a lot of sacrifices made. I believe social welfare needs to be GUTTED. DEEPLY.

:plusone:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:

Hopefully cheaper than fundamentally changing it.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:27 am

leadcounsel wrote:

National debt

yup, and people think we need to have free healthcare... Yeah no we can't afford it.

Mandatory spending makes up nearly two-thirds of the total federal budget. Social Security alone comprises more than a third of mandatory spending and around 23 percent of the total federal budget. Medicare makes up an additional 23 percent of mandatory spending and 15 percent of the total federal budget.

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/budg ... /spending/

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]