Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Switzerland: Boil a lobster, go to prison 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

A landlocked country that brings in frozen lobster saw the need to do this?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 341412002/

A law goes into effect March 1 that bans the common cooking method of tossing a live lobster into a big pot of boiling water, quickly killing the tasty crustacean. That practice is being outlawed because the Swiss say it's cruel and lobsters can sense pain.

Cats must also have a daily visual contact with other felines, and hamsters or guinea pigs must be kept in pairs. And anyone who flushes a pet goldfish down the toilet is breaking the law.

Last edited by Guntrader on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow that’s ridiculous! The people who don’t eat meat probably came up with that. Kill them different is so silly, still killing it.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:01 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Quote:
The first national legislation of its kind in the world calls for a more humane death for lobsters, by “rendering them unconscious” before plunging them into scalding water. Two methods are recommended: Electrocution or sedating the lobster by dipping it into salt water and then thrusting a knife into its brain.

Nice optional ways to kill it. I wonder how they thunk you would electrocute the damn thing and would that be any different than the instant water bath kill. And how about when I plunge that knife into the brain? What if I miss?

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
The first national legislation of its kind in the world calls for a more humane death for lobsters, by “rendering them unconscious” before plunging them into scalding water. Two methods are recommended: Electrocution or sedating the lobster by dipping it into salt water and then thrusting a knife into its brain.

Goddamn Swiss lobster shankers

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

The chefs say:
https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article ... ll-lobster

Hope INTERPOL is keeping track of this guy

"The first time I killed one was like the first time having sex with a girl. It is pretty exciting to put a knife right through an animals head. Now it's just a routine. I've actually just killed four more. I always say this: when I walk into the sea and a lobster grabs my toe, it doesn't let go of me either. It is the law of the strongest.

Last edited by Guntrader on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a reference, lobsters have a decentralized nervous system: their brain operates from not one but several ganglia and disabling only the frontal ganglion does not usually result in death.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also, hamsters (Syrian) are solitary and fight with each other if kept in pairs.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I eat meat (but rarely lobster) I can get behind any laws that reduce or prevent suffering for any of our animal foods.

For instance, I completely disagree not only with eating dogs and cats, but the way in which Asians tend to prepare dogs and cats (and other animals). They routinely inflict incredible pain upon animals before eating them - for example, beating, electrocuting, flaying/skinning alive, and boiling.

If I were to die, I'd preferably be decapitated. I doubt being dropped in a pool of boiling water would be fast and I suspect it would be immensely painful.

I'm not a crustacean expert but if there's a way to punch their brain and cause instant death, like cows, that would be an ideal solution.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:13 pm

That's silly, a lobster has such a basic nerve system that they don't feel pain. They are like bugs

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am MAN, king of all creations on this earth. I shall take what I need, and EAT IT.

Boil it, shoot it, shank it, bleed it, pick it, etc. I will gobble it up and shit it out.

Then when Im done with breakfast, I shall start cutting the forests down. ;)

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
I am MAN, king of all creations on this earth. I shall take what I need, and EAT IT.

Boil it, shoot it, shank it, bleed it, pick it, etc. I will gobble it up and shit it out.

Then when Im done with breakfast, I shall start cutting the forests down. ;)

I'm a full GROWN man!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 pm

We used to raise and sell beef to non white people. They paid good money and came to our property to kill and process the animals. Usually for weddings and birthdays. Some of the guys would tie the steer up, take a 12"+ long knife and stab the neck, hitting the main artery. The animal would pump blood out with every breath and the guys would catch the blood in pots. It took about 20 minutes for the animal to die. We did that a couple times and told them rifle shots and quick deaths only.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The proper way to cook lobster is to actually slide a knife in the middle of the head just prior to boiling. I’ve never thrown a live lobster in a boiling pot.
That being said....wtf. They have cameras in people’s houses or what??? How TF are they going to know what I do in my own damn house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'd complain, but they issue military grade rifles to everybody.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So sad... people now encourage govt to regulate something so minuscule as to how citizens should must cook food. :thumbsdown:

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next