Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:51 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Has anyone used the guns.com for selling a firearm. 

I was looking at the website guns.com and they seem to have started a used gun buying service. It looks like it is an easy step by step process but I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it.

Mostly I wanted to know if they are reasonable with their evaluation and do they pay out well or do they just try and rip people off.

Thanks

http://www.guns.com/we-buy-guns/

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Versus gunbroker/armslist/waguns/every other forum on the internet/ local consignment with a shop that gets a lot of traffic ?

I'm not seeing a real reason to sell to a gunshop in Minnesota a firearm over any of the other options I listed.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:00 pm

It does not sound like a consignment. This is how they explain the process on their website.

Guns.com has created a new service for the members of our community. If you have a used firearm you have been looking to sell, we will make you an offer. If you like the offer, we’ll send you a box and prepaid shipping label — all you have to do is drop it off at the designated shipping location. Our appraisal team will inspect the firearm, and issue you a check for the agreed upon price if the firearm is in working order. Guns.com will respond to every submission within 1 business day, and we will complete our inspection of each gun within 24 hours of receiving it.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good way to collect a bunch of guns for free 'eh? No fookin way would I ship a firearm, to anyone, anywhere, till I was paid.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:16 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Never mind.
The whole $50 and buyer has to pay return shipping if they don't like it turns me off.
I can see them wanting Fed Ex P1 return shipping fees and $50 = $150 if you don't take their lowball offer saying the condition wasn't what you described.

Last edited by Guntrader on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NO

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw that site earlier, it looked sketchier then. Seems they are getting more sophisticated............not saying a ripoff, but.....I would NOT trust.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've not used that service but I have sold a very old muzzle loader from the 17th century to Rock Island Auctions.
You ship to them on your dime. They assess it's rough value, then it goes to auction. If it doesn't meet what they think is a minimum bid, they hold it over to the next auction.

It took one year for the old rifle to sell and they charge you, the seller, 15% commission.

The reason I took this route is the rifle was so old, no one could estimate it's true market value.
It sold for $1200.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems like an awful lot of time in trouble for something you could do locally a lot easier

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:36 am

I still plan to use the normal routes for selling some older firearms but at the time when I first visited that site it looked appealing. It looks like no one has used it so I think that is fair to say that its not worth even trying.

One thing that you can do with them is just give them a description and some photos just to see what offer they might be willing to give before even sending the firearm off. It would be interesting to see what they would they say and if they give a low offer you can just end it there.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Sell here no bullshit and doesn't cost you any fees...

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]