Post Surgery 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sat pending.....several big coolers full....we'll see

hope for the low temp... :bigsmile:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings from a stranger sending well wishes & good tidings for a full recovery.
I enjoyed reading your informative posts and being in the fight for our 2A rights.

Jim Sr.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
Rix86 wrote:
I hope you heal up quick and are able to re-normalize easily.

X100000000000

seconded.

prayers to you.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
Speedy recovery. I also speak from surgery experiences (heart), take people up on their offers. Folks want to help and give back, and it is easy to feel like you are burdening someone. Even if you just want a change of pace in company and have someone swing by for a little bit to shoot the breeze it really helps. Maybe not right away, but give it a week or so, it might be good, I know it helped me.

One bright side is you're probably not going to have to get up in the middle of the night to piss a few times. And you'd be ideal for long road trips. But I'm sure you'd rather have to deal with all that instead. Best of luck to you.

I think the offers are over-welling me. A little confused right now.

Selador wrote:
Small needle?

Insulin?

Do you use a pen, or the old fashioned thing?

I think it's a pen. Self contained and when it's empty I push really hard and a cover pops up over the needle. They say it's for preventing blood clots.

usrifle wrote:

Man, that's rough. You get better buddy! I can bring you some BBQ if that helps. Ribs, Tri tip or whatever your flavor is. :thumbsup2:

On paper that looks great but I'll wait a month or so when I can really appreciate what good flavor is suppose to taste like.

Did I mention my stomach looks like Freddie Kruger got a hold of it?
Two surgeons and Robbie the Robot worked on me.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Selador wrote:
Small needle?

Insulin?

Do you use a pen, or the old fashioned thing?

I think it's a pen. Self contained and when it's empty I push really hard and a cover pops up over the needle. They say it's for preventing blood clots.

I asked because I use the insulin pens.

A lot of people have problems using them, and if you did and did... I could have given you a few pointers. :bigsmile:

I don't know if your 'pens' are anything like what I use.

As for the pain... I have found that if I go slowly, and 'spin', or roll the pen, while inserting, it is less painful. Nurses look at me and ask the same question every time. "Doesn't that HURT?" No. But it DOES hurt when you are rude, and reach over and just tap the thing right on in! Even bleeds more often than not, if I do it the way they are taught, and try to teach us. But it never bleeds when I do it my way.

Further... Sometimes it does start to hurt, and I have found that 70% of the time, or better, I can just slightly tilt the entire thing, and it slides past whatever nerve I happened to find in that spot.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rick, if you or the wife need anything, just call. If you've lost my number drop me a PM.

Jennifer

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
~Tenzin Gyatso, aka His Holiness the Dalai Lama

"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves."
~ Romans 15:1

"Ils Ont Les Armes, On Les Emmerde, On A Le Champagne!"~Charlie Hebdo, November 2015

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Frankenstein, make sure your side port is tight, heaven forbid you roll over and Lee the bed like a little kid!

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Rick, if you or the wife need anything, just call. If you've lost my number drop me a PM.

Jennifer

Thanks Jen.
Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Frankenstein, make sure your side port is tight, heaven forbid you roll over and Lee the bed like a little kid!

Trust me, the bed would be a lot wetter than if a little kid did it. :ROFLMAO:

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3