Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Gun shop calling for more gun control. Death sentence for sm 

I recall when I was growing up that at age 14 you could handle a gun without a parent or guardian. I celebrated my 14th by going shooting by myself. What has changed?

This gun shop is a bit out of my range anyway, but if a local shop were to say the same they would be off my list. Period. End of discussion. Hope you go out of business. Gun owners have compromised too much already over the past 80 years. No more.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Anybody bother to drive by the joint to see if the store is empty now?

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree with everything you daid. I was going to post the same thinking on this. Gone are the days of the tesponsible 18 year old. I have a couple nephews that at 18 i wouldnt give those dumb asses a b.b. gun
With the Dumbing down of the kids today 21 is seeming to be a good idea.
If we can get out of this un scathed but implementing a 21 year old requirement to purchase long guns i will breath easy.

sinus211 wrote:
os2firefox wrote:
Extending the age of adulthood seems like a step toward further retarding our future generation.

Well they certainly don't need any help with that, now do they?

Seriously the maturity of young people has degraded so far it's unbelievable. Everyone like "what happened?" "When I was young we took our hunting rifles to school." You know what happened? "Touchy feely" happened. "It's ok to have those emotions" happened. You/I grew up in the time of suck it up. The time of walk it off. They're giving college aged "adults" safe spaces where they can color with crayons and talk about their feelings. That's what happened.

We are living in the age of "WAAAAAAAH!" That's what fucking happened. Unless we can somehow slap the liberal crybaby retardation out of the growing left, we're fucked. I mean it. Fucked!

They can blame this on guns, or on right wing politics, whackos, lack of sensitivity. Whatever they want to blame it on. It doesn't matter. This is the direct result of coddling kids and "nurturing" their emotions. A little "man the fuck up Johnny!" could go a long way with these kids. If anyone is to blame for the modern emotional outbreak of violence that's taking the form of mass shootings, it's the liberals. You want to nurture this sort of "I can be whatever and do whatever I want" attitude in kids. Well guess what, some kids want to be psychotic murderers. Maybe instead of trying to understand them you idiots should have encouraged them to get slapped the shit out of like the weird kids used to. Suppress that weird shit. Make it weird to be weird, like it used to be.

FUCK!

/rant off

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look. It is just as much our responsibility to introduce and train our fellows as it is to to carry and preserve our own self defense and self-determination.

As for "concessions" FUCK THAT!

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/informat ... asp?ID=526

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently someone went in there and saw a sign that said they'll only sell long guns to people 21 and over now.

Age is a protected class in WA. This is not required by law and serves as discrimination. Any of you guys know an 18-20 year old who is looking to buy an AR? They could force antigun Bob Ferguson to sue this clown. Two birds with one stone, it would be delicious irony to see Fergie forced to sue a business for not selling an AR-15 to a legally eligible 20 year old.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Apparently someone went in there and saw a sign that said they'll only sell long guns to people 21 and over now.

Age is a protected class in WA. This is not required by law and serves as discrimination. Any of you guys know an 18-20 year old who is looking to buy an AR? They could force antigun Bob Ferguson to sue this clown. Two birds with one stone, it would be delicious irony to see Fergie forced to sue a business for not selling an AR-15 to a legally eligible 20 year old.

Protected classes are bullshit anyway. Give the guy the freedom to conduct business as he sees fit. The market will decide whether they like his practices or not.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Protected classes are bullshit anyway. Give the guy the freedom to conduct business as he sees fit. The market will decide whether they like his practices or not.

Meanwhile our state is running bakers and florists out of business. That is not going away. Do we want 2a and A1Sec24 to be less of a right? Does it not deserve equal protection?
How is this any different than a sign refusing to sell to LGBTQ, non whites, or Muslims?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Meanwhile our state is running bakers and florists out of business. That is not going away. Do we want 2a and A1Sec24 to be less of a right?

Although I wont step foot back in that shithole ever again, I agree with this thought.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Meanwhile our state is running bakers and florists out of business. That is not going away. Do we want 2a and A1Sec24 to be less of a right? Does it not deserve equal protection?
How is this any different than a sign refusing to sell to LGBTQ, non whites, or Muslims?

2 wrongs don't make a right. If it's wrong to force bakers and florists to do business they don't want, then it's wrong to force a gun dealer to do business he doesn't want. My point is that protected classes make certain people "more equal", and that's bullshit. Let the free market decide whether a business survives as a result of its practices. We don't need Big Brother's interference.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Would you feel the same of the sign said no long guns will be sold to Muslims or non-whites? This is no different.

FYI, in the case of those florists and bakers, they had sold to those PEOPLE many times prior, but they didn't want to create specific art for an event. In this case, this gun shop owner is literally refusing to sell items to an entire class of individual people. It is no different than racial or religious discrimination.

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Would you feel the same of the sign said no long guns will be sold to Muslims or non-whites? This is no different.

FYI, in the case of those florists and bakers, they had sold to those PEOPLE many times prior, but they didn't want to create specific art for an event. In this case, this gun shop owner is literally refusing to sell items to an entire class of individual people. It is no different than racial or religious discrimination.

Yes, I would feel the same. If a shop is stupid enough to put up a sign like that, they won't last long. There are other shops who will gladly have the business that they refuse, and the people who don't support that policy will no longer support that store, even if they are not in that refused group. That's how free markets work. Protected classes undermine free markets. This idiot is going to go out of business because he made a stupid decision; a lawsuit won't be necessary.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Meanwhile our state is running bakers and florists out of business.

Uhhh..... Not trying to start a fight, but looking for information. I'm aware of Florists and Bakers...., but they were in another state, I thought. Not in Washington.

I run a retail business..... 30 years now. I have been told that I have the right to refuse to service anyone. Anyone.

If you have information to share, please. I'd like to read up on this.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Uhhh..... Not trying to start a fight, but looking for information. I'm aware of Florists and Bakers...., but they were in another state, I thought. Not in Washington.

I run a retail business..... 30 years now. I have been told that I have the right to refuse to service anyone. Anyone.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... urt-rules/

Note in this case the plaintiff was a long time customer and the florist had sold flowers for years to this person. When the person wanted to force the florist to do flowers for an event type that went against her religion she did not want to and it led to her going out of business and bankruptcy.

Meanwhile, nothing happened to these bakers who did the same but are in more politically correct categories.
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/hidde ... im-bakery/

The courts are the new battleground that libs are forcing us into. Refusing to fight back is the same as losing.

Quote:

Quote:

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
Alpine wrote:

I run a retail business..... 30 years now. I have been told that I USED TO have the right to refuse to service anyone. Anyone.

Fixed

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
danoh wrote:
Alpine wrote:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... urt-rules/

Note in this case the plaintiff was a long time customer and the florist had sold flowers for years to this person. When the person wanted to force the florist to do flowers for an event type that went against her religion she did not want to and it led to her going out of business and bankruptcy.

Meanwhile, nothing happened to these bakers who did the same but are in more politically correct categories.
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/hidde ... im-bakery/

The courts are the new battleground that libs are forcing us into. Refusing to fight back is the same as losing.

Thanks. Another item to talk to my lawyer about.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next